Peavey Windsor VS JCM 800 ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN 20009

I wonder why I don't see Mercury Magnetics OT's often sold by themselves (usually sold with the PT - do they have to be matched or something?)

Do you HAVE to match the front tires with the back tires of your car? No, but it's recommended (unless you have a drag-racer:lol:) They pair the PT's and OT's for performance reasons I suppose.

I need to post clips of all my amps soon with some careful mic placement. I haven't had time, but I really like the way my Windsor does that "wall of guitar" sound.

nnnyes nnnyes, just as i imagined.. hmmm nnnnyesssssss!
some lines are longer than others... hmmmm... numbers are different.... hmmm nnnnyessssss.

:loco:

That my friend is greatness! lol and this thread is
Veeerrrry iiinnnnteresting nnnyes nnnyes iiinnndeed :err:

FUCK YES.
that sounds sweet!

I wish it wasn't so late, so I could have mic'd up my 4x12. When you really get the speakers moving, you get that special quality of tone that really makes the sound.

I kept the mids real low on this clip. They were on 11 o' clock and mid boost was disengaged. Can't wait to hear clips when you get yours.

I might not be able to do clips, but I will try to get some impulses. I don't really have anywhere to be LOUD right now, but a drummer I'm working with is setting up his recording stuff, so maybe I can do something there later? I'm gonna be poking around and dicking with the insides and this is THE THREAD that will have THE SCOOPS about the Windsor.

IMMA POKE IT WITH A SCREWDRIVER!!!!!!!!1

2460413339_4be3821f4e.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I don't...

Sloan, what ridiculous things (aside from piss of JBroll) have you done in the recent past?

haha. i just try to KEEPS IT REALS.

The amp *should* be here Wednesday. I completely shouldn't have bought this thing, I didn't have money for FOOD and now my bank account is going into OVERDRAFT because of that pesky car insurance payment (i know they purposely schedule that shit to piss me off!). There's like 6-8" of snow here and I've got to brave the cold arctic weather to try and deposit some money at the bank from some gig on saturday. hopefully i can get there before they decide to assream me with overdraft charges. I HAET LIFE.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated on the Windsor thing. Looking forward to lots of PIX and FACTS.

The amp *should* be here Wednesday. I completely shouldn't have bought this thing, I didn't have money for FOOD and now my bank account is going into OVERDRAFT because of that pesky car insurance payment (i know they purposely schedule that shit to piss me off!). There's like 6-8" of snow here and I've got to brave the cold arctic weather to try and deposit some money at the bank from some gig on saturday. hopefully i can get there before they decide to assream me with overdraft charges. I HAET LIFE.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated on the Windsor thing. Looking forward to lots of PIX and FACTS.

Way to take one for the team!

just had to bounce a live-concert in realtime and used the time to take my windsor to the booth and fuck around with it a bit more.
I've found the perfect match:
H&K Tube Factor!
damn, Tubefactor-->Windsor-->MArshall 1960= fucking huge!!!
I hope I'l find the time to record something later

(it's not really that new though...I loved the tubefactor with the 2203, so it's not really a big surprise that it sounds cool with the windsor, too)

Yeah dude, fuck some overdraft charges, I know that feeling all too well! :ill:

ok, sweet i got the Windsor, here a gutshot, it's all pcb of course, so not too much to look at, but there it is!
PICT7833.jpg

windsor_in_C5.jpg

My first experiment will be removing the C5 capacitor and seeing if it actually has anything to do with achieving usable cleans with the amp.