Peavey Windsors are.....

Mine came with the bias set to 13 ma per tube. I cranked it to 38 which was 70% dissipation. Huge difference. I now have lots of headroom and warm tone. No more crossover distortion ala Peavey for me please. I like mine with passives better, which sucks because I have to get a good set of passives for my Paul. Prolly a Nailbomb?

I'm not sure if I'll agree with that:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1569935/Breaking Benjamin- Until The End Cover.mp3 (I recorded this).

Listen to that and some of LosingReality's clips. They're completely different, yet they're both awesome in their own right.

By "One trick Pony" I mean that it's single channel & might not be your first choice for clean tones.

I'll check your clip out when I can... I'm on my auxiliary machine at the moment & don't have speakers hooked up.

BTW, someone mentioned bias? Does the Windsor have a bias knob?

the guitarist in the band im recording right now bought one from MF. then he bought a peavey viper combo last night, so he is selling me the windsor for 300 CAN. basically I`m getting a windsor for this session :)

This sounds great, how about YOUR settings?

Keeley modded Boss SD-1 as boost (standard TS settings with level a bit higher)

Mine were *NOT CLOCK FACE*:

Pre- 10
Bass- 5
Mids- 2
Treb- 7
Master- 2
Reso- 6
Pres- 7
Texture- full to the right

These are mine for that clip.....i was going for a sound different from my norm with that one....its the windsor and 5150 as usual.

Also not in Oclocks....

Windsor
Preamp vol 8
Bass 6.1
Mid 3.5
Treb 6
Boost OFF
Mast Volume 5
Res 10
Pres 6
Texture Full to right

5150 Green channel
Pre gain 5.5
Low 8
Mid 2
High 5
Post 3
Res 8
Pres 7.2

TS9 for both amps
Drive 9 oclock
Level full
Tone 11:50

If I put my Windsor's master on 5, I'm sure my 2 year old niece would die. That amp is super loud (or at least mine is since modification).

:kickass:

Yep, i got mine in my closet....pretty much like an ISO CAB type deal....its all insulated out and kills the noise. Only thing that comes through is alittle low end really. All the highs and mids are killed....

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3630.jpg

DSCN3631.jpg