Alesis DM5 Pro

Still have not used personally but do you have any trouble with double bass and the kick pad moving?

Our drummer said he was having trouble with that.....

it woobles a little....but doesn't really walk away from you. But I'm on carpet....so Im not sure about hardwood floors yet.

I'm already kinda used to the wooble....so its not really a problem. And I'm using DW 5000 double pedals.

well....after 3 months or so....the kit been pretty good. The heads get beat up especially if your a drummer that likes to hit fairly hard. So I got a Roland PD8 rubber....way better for snare cause the snare takes most the beating.:erk: Snare head lasted about 1.5-2 months, toms are still pretty good, they may even last a full year.

And I've been having some problems with the Dm5 module. You have to only use it at full volume. The volume pot I think is cheapo. I get some loud bursts and crackles if I'm at anything other than max volume.

I've seen a couple forums that say the volume pot is cheap and it is a common problem with both the Dm5, d4, and the DMpro.

I've tried to email Alesis about it....no reply. So I sent Music123 a message, we shall see.

Other than that,,,, best e-drum set I think you can buy for under a grand

Can you use a double drum foot pedal with the DM5?
I've tested one at Thomann today, but I haven't had the chance to ask for the double foot compatibility

Can you use a double drum foot pedal with the DM5?
I've tested one at Thomann today, but I haven't had the chance to ask for the double foot compatibility
Yes, the DM5 just sees the trigger pad being hit. I used a double kick pedal without any issue on the DM5 kick pad. However, I would use felt rubber beaters to avoid damaging the pad over time.