People Like To Parade and Show Off

I'm changing the way I dress all the time. Guess I haven't really found my style yet.
Last two days I can say, I dress in the colours that make me feel the best/match my mood.
I had started getting dressed in all black and stuff, but just realized how pointless and immature this is. The only reason (apart from the mood thing) I wear blacks now, is to "show" people I'm into metal, in order to get to know more people with the same musical tastes. Doesn't work very well so far, but oh..
As for the "FLIRT"/"HOTTY"/"PRINCESS" shirts, I came to the conclusion that they can be as "poser" as the opposite terms, if you know what I mean.

It all depends on the reason you do what you do.

I think it'd be funny to have one of those shirts that says "Poser"...maybe there already is one.

I don't think clothes are important in the least. I am surrounded by idiots who think its fashionable to wear...whatever. I don't even feel like discussing the idiotic high school fashions. I don't try to dress up or be any different. I just usually wear jeans and the occasional metal t-shirt. I dress comfortably and don't try to maintain an image or stand out. I would much rather add to my cd collection than buy a $70 pair of jeans. I sometimes think wearing uniforms to public school would be nice. Noone would try to be different or trendy. However, that would be taking away from their freedom of expression(as mindless trendy fucks).

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I think it'd be funny to have one of those shirts that says "Poser"...maybe there already is one.

Ah, I just hate shirts that have something written on them...
Having a shirt that says "poser" is very ironic and is
supposed to be funny or whatever, but I still don't like it >:eek:P

And whenever I find a nice top it has something stupid
written all over it. Something that I can't relate to.
The top itself looks really cool, but the words are just fucked.

I don't like bandshirts with pictures on them either....
If it has to have something on it, then please, just the band
name! >:eek:) I'm all for simple clothes, without statements on
them, cause then you can wear them to anything :eek:)
Oh, but I could kill for a shirt having Opeth written on it :eek:)

As for what you wear and what it's supposed to express;
I wear the clothes that I like. I used to be a little hippie
some years ago, and I had some really great flares trousers
and wore clothes with lovely colours :eek:) Now I have changed.
I don't think it's the people into metal who have changed me,
because I don't know many listening to metal...
But the mood of the music changed me, I feel comfortable in
black etc. My clothes-style has always followed my mood
and music-style....

I really like to see people with original clothes. Makes me
think of them as creative :eek:) I love it when someone looks
so perfect, the way the clothes are put together makes them
look like art! :eek:) Ah.... I love clothes! I have to learn how to
make my own, can't rely on my grandmother being able to
sew my designs for me forever! :eek:P

Yeah, I was just kidding. I, too, hate shirts with something written on them. I will see a shirt I kind of like but it will have a brand name plastered on it or just something ridiculous. I used to wear more colorful shirts, but not it is mainly just black t-shirts. I occasionally wear golf-type shirts with collars. They seem dressier I guess, but they just feel comfortable.

Oh yeah, I really hate those black t-shirts that have something stupid written on them in white letters. Ex: I just do what the voices inside my head tell me to. :mad:

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Oh yeah, I really hate those black t-shirts that have something stupid written on them in white letters. Ex: I just do what the voices inside my head tell me to. :mad:
Haha, the absolute worst has to be that one that says "I'm just wearing black until they come up with something darker."

Lame.