Perfect Guitar Tone...??

Stormrider586

From Here to Death...
Aug 31, 2002
South Jersey
I think that At the Gates achieved the PERFECT guitar toning on this album. The riffs sound great, the distortion is amazingly sexy. I have yet to hear another album like this, where i just say fucking WOW. makes my head spin...:)

Im not sure if I agree on Slaughter of the soul haveing the perfect guitar sound... But whats fun about it is that they used Boss MT2 (cheap ass distortian pedals) and still manage to get a good tone...

Boss MT-2 aka METAL ZONE is one of the greatest distortions ever and it doesn't effect the slightest that I happen to own one my cousin has it, few of my friends have it... :rolleyes:

I'm never going to give up my MT-2 because I haven't heard better.

Boss better start sending me some of their crap for all of this free promo I'm giving. :wave:

I must agree that Metal Zone is probably the best distortion pedal myself, or any other musician I know, has seen or even used.
But as far as the perfect tone goes..............I don't think it's just guitars you're hearing on the album. The bass and the guitars are occupying alot of the same frequencies, thus lending some of each other qualities to the overall tone that you are hearing on the album. Besides..it's an album, they spent hours upon on getting the sound just right and then EQ'd it all to hell. But the album does sound great...fucking great!

For Swedish deathmetal it is.But I must confess that I like the "South of heaven" and the "Filosofem" guitarsound more-even you can't really compare them.

I have a boss mt-2
and im dying to find a death metal setting...
i was wondering if someone could help me out with some cool settings thanks