Pericardium-Anthems of Anger

point_of_uncertianty

Buried in Oblivion
May 4, 2009
Newark, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Hey, I purchased Pericardium's Anthems of Anger off of discogs.com about a week ago and received it in the mail today. It features ex-Into Eternity members Rob Doherty and Scott Krall and even had a guest appearance by Tim Roth. It was self released in around 1996-1997. I was just curious if anyone knew about it or owned it. The copy I got was in great condition and had a professional insert but as far as I know it's very hard to find if it is even still in circulation at all. I managed to see 1 copy on discogs from a guy in Tampa, Florida who was closing down his Metal record store. Must have been looking at the right moment I guess. :) Rob Doherty is the main songwriter on it and there is shockingly very little resemblance between Pericardium and Into Eternity as far as I can hear. Some of it almost puts me in the mind of early Cryptopsy.

I don't own it, but have heard it and 'of course' knew about the band and its ties with Into Eternity. Troy has also been in this band! But otherwise it doesn't have much to do with IE, I mean, it's Rob's band so different approach, songs, style. The album you have was from way before Rob was ever in IE. Rob is now living in Regina again, and actually putting the band back together!! And actually with Troy on bass and Earl Beechy on drums again!!! They are playing a reunion show in Regina on the 29th:

http://www.saskmetal.com/index.php?topic=10845.0

Holy shit! Thanks so much for the update. I hope this doesn't effect Into Eternity in anyway although this is pretty exciting news. There hasn't been many updates coming from Tim or anyone lately and this concerns me. If something happened to Into Eternity I would be devastated. As far as I am concerned they are the greatest band of all time.

I worked on Pericardium's Anthems of Anger but I can't remember what I did on it - it was so long ago. I remember it had a green jewel case because Rob could not afford to print it in color.

Pericardium has done several gigs in regina (and one in winnipeg) in the last while. I've gotten the opportunity mix their sets most of the time, and it's always a blast! Rob is a machine, I love working with him!

Don't worry, Into Eternity is NOT gone! We have a GREAT surprise in store for when we do start playing live again! :)