Persistence of Time. Appreciate.

I llik the song got the time chicken in my head, But there S.o.E cd is really good too. It needs more respect all the songs are heavy & they flow on the album.

Persistence of Time owns all! Got the Time everybody loves, Belly of the Beast is a classic, Time is a fuckin masterpiece, and Discharge is anthrax's answer to metallica's Damage Inc. (although i like damage inc better) It is one of those albums that the production quality and sound the band got was fuckin perfect just like with master of puppet!

I think SOE was the most lacking anthrax record in my opinion... the joey era goes like this for me...

Persistence of Time
Among the Living and Spreading the Disease tied
SOE

I would prefer STD and ATL but POT is definately in my Thrax top 3!

Of course the years of decay and Darkness decends are also classics but there's far more!

Eternal nightmare from VIO-LENCE, Nothing's Sacred from LAAZ ROCKIT, Agent Orange by SODOM, The Legacy by TESTAMENT well I could go on for ages!

AlexStomp said:
I think people's problem with it is that, as good of a job Joey does on it, it doesn't fit 100% in the equation. It's why I think Bush should have sang on this record.
John would've done a great job on POT, no doubt. But I LOVE the way Joey sings on that album. He sounds really angry imo, and that wail he lets rip at the end of Time is fucking great! I know what you mean though. Some people think Bush would've done a better job. I disagree that's all. Anthrax lost A LOT of it's uniqueness vocally, when Joey left the band imo. A thrash band with a clean vocalist like Joey, made Anthrax stand out from other bands imo.

call it a premonition or call it me being a gobshite but when POT came out i knew it was gonna be joeys last record with em his vocals just did nt seem to fit and mark dodsons production is shite if dave jerden had produced and bush sang i think POT would have been anthrax s black album and shot them into mega league.

andythrax mac said:
call it a premonition or call it me being a gobshite but when POT came out i knew it was gonna be joeys last record with em his vocals just did nt seem to fit and mark dodsons production is shite if dave jerden had produced and bush sang i think POT would have been anthrax s black album and shot them into mega league.
Agreed, imagine POT with Bush, could have been the best anthrax album ever if they have take John on this album!!! But Joey did a great job on POT. It's the best Belladonna era album.

Joey made this album. This was his shining moment, and if they would have continued on with him, "the sky's the limit, the sky's the limit..."

I think it's quite obvious that acquiring Bush was a commericial disaster that they've never really regrouped from, and possibly never will...

AlexStomp said:
I think Joey could have sung SOWN too but thank God he didn't.

i have said over the years a big what if had they stuck with joey on sown,they coudla been as big as metallica,people forget how much hype anthrax had after killer b's came out.

Def my fav Joey Album, no contest. Always wanted to hear "One man Stands" live. I don't give a fuck who is singing, I spooge a little whenever I hear a song off that record live. It had all the balls of ATL but for some reason it was left in the dust. I would take any song off POT before Indians or I am the Law or even (god help me for saying it) caught in a mosh. I love hearing my fav bands play lesser known material.:headbang:

Thrillho said:
Def my fav Joey Album, no contest. Always wanted to hear "One man Stands" live. I don't give a fuck who is singing, I spooge a little whenever I hear a song off that record live. It had all the balls of ATL but for some reason it was left in the dust. I would take any song off POT before Indians or I am the Law or even (god help me for saying it) caught in a mosh. I love hearing my fav bands play lesser known material.:headbang:

Yeah, I'd rather hear anything off POT than NFL, Indians, I am the Law, or anti-social.