Persistence of Time. Appreciate.

spacebeer said:
I think Joey sounds killer, I still recall when it came out, no it is perfect the way it is!

I BTW think Joey could just as well have sung on SOWN
I totally agree. I understand that some fans think Bush woulda done a better job, but I totally disagree with that! Imo Joey sings the songs he sung on originally the best! Imo Joe gives one of the best vocal performances of his career on Persistence Of Time! :headbang:

jdelpi said:
I'm a little sick of it, having seen it at 92% of the Anthrax shows I've attended.

The ONLY Time I can remember seeing Anthrax and them not performing Got the Time was at the recording of Greater of Two Evils. Funny thing about the set: The performed Nobody Knows Anything.

More useless info: They opened that night with Anthrax !

jdelpi said:
I'm a little sick of it, having seen it at 92% of the Anthrax shows I've attended.
I can easily understand that! :lol: Hearing it a ton of times live on top of however many times you hear it over the years could make you sick of it I've seen Anthrax 3 times over the years, not even in the same ballpark as you! :lol: Also, I dunno if it has anything to do with it, but with Anthrax (and most bands) I listen to the albums from start to finish, very rarely repeating a song twice. I've never listened to GTT a ton of times in a row for example.

johnnieCzech said:
And the 8% were prior to P.O.T. I guess?

No, I was a little child then.

They didn't play at these shows:

Dimebag memorial show February 23, 2005 in Chicago
Opening for Dio October 5, 2004 in Cleveland

So of the three times I saw them with Joey Vera, they only played it once, which was at a headlining show. (Chicago Heights 2004)

strik9 said:
I can easily understand that! :lol: Hearing it a ton of times live on top of however many times you hear it over the years could make you sick of it I've seen Anthrax 3 times over the years, not even in the same ballpark as you! :lol: Also, I dunno if it has anything to do with it, but with Anthrax (and most bands) I listen to the albums from start to finish, very rarely repeating a song twice. I've never listened to GTT a ton of times in a row for example.

When I first got POT I used to listen to GTT a lot, because let's face, it's a good song when you first get the album. But now I skip it.

I also collect bootlegs, and that song is on almost everything from POT shows to the present.

jdelpi said:
When I first got POT I used to listen to GTT a lot, because let's face, it's a good song when you first get the album. But now I skip it.

I also collect bootlegs, and that song is on almost everything from POT shows to the present.
I think I own a grand total of 1 bootleg. AC/DC Living In The Hell. It's from a show in '79. I've got a bunch of stuff on my computer though. I definitley wanna get more Anthrax bootlegs though, I haven't come across any in person, and haven't found any good sites that wouldn't take forever to ship.

My most favourite song off POT is Discharge anyway. Not sure whether they ever played it, I would love to have heard it with Bush.

spacebeer said:
I think spreading the disease is the best ANTHRAX album in general but also from the Belladonna era...

POT is damn cool though....

I also think STD is the old lineup's best effort.