• Halford

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Ozzy

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dio

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
Overrated? o_O You need a brain scan seriously :p
Yup overrated.. 2 or 3 great songs (H&H, Children of the Sea and perhaps Neon Knights) and the rest are fillers... btw can't scan my brain... i have hair that blocks such things *hint hint* lol :lol:

See? I made you jump :heh: When you come here call me, so I can rant at you live :D
Me jump? where? :Smokin: PM me your number if it works this time... :rolleyes:

yes, I think hes nasal, one would have to listen for themselves. Sing along while squeezing your nose and you'll nail the Ozzy sound. I'll give you distinctive but again Neil Young is distinctive too. It just always grated on me, ever since the first album and thus why I was never huge on Sabbath as much as I liked the music on those first albums. Now when Blackmore quit Purple and Rainbow came out, Dio was such a refreshing sound, a new sound, also very distinctive but not grating.

I think Dio is the best vocalist. As far as using the word "frontman," I am assuming you are talking about who is better live. I still have to stay with Ronnie. He has an aura about him that the other two don't possess. Having said that, none of them are "great" frontmen. Very good, yes, but Bruce was probably the king showman.

Bryant

Can anyone help me...for the longest time i have not been able to decide who the best metal front man is. Im down to either Rob Halford, Ozzy Osbourne, or Ronnie James Dio. Now if your going to answer dont go with your favorite band obviously. All the guys(and more) are awesome and have done so much so there really isnt the best i just want opinions.

As for why I said Ronnie the Midget, it was because Ozzy used to use a little midget in his show ala 1983 Diary of a Madman tour nicknamed Ronnie the Midget...

The MIDGET! That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said OZZY RULES, DIO DROOLS! I had that poster up on my wall forever, the one with Ozzy sitting on a throne and Ronnie the Midget at his feet. I think it was a Speak of the Devil poster. Too funny!

From the list, I would say Halford. But in terms of "frontmanness" as a combination of voice, stage presence, charisma and communication with the audience I have to say Bruce Dickinson and Andi Deris are the best I have seen :headbang:

Tate was amazing in his prime. He is easily a top five vocalist in my ear. I would say Ray Alder would be a good competitor though. Ray doesn't go for the high notes as much anymore, but his voice has mellowed very nicely. He sounds different now than his early stuff, but just as good. He is still one of the best singers out there in metal.

Bryant

I offer a challenge: name me a better metal singer than Tate in Queensryche's Heyday.

That would be Chuck.
From that list.. Dio. Just love the man. Love Oz as well, but he just fucked himself up too much.