Personality Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTJ; the ones that I've had to take in various college courses have always come up INTP.

INFJ

WOW this has me pretty much on. Very odd.

The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

Firstly: I express once again (as in the other thread) that I do not believe in these tests, nor their categories of human thought.

Secondly: I took this out of curiosity, and partly to defy someone's claim that most extreme music listeners are I...something.

My result, for the curious: ENFJ.

speed said:
I really, really want to know what you score.
Is obnoxious a possible result?

Doing it now...

Edit: God I hate these yes/no questions, there needs to be some mid-ground, Yes and No are two extreme opposites on the answer spectrum.

Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
89 1 38 22

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

INFJ

The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

I scored as an INTJ (Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging), a "Mastermind Rational".

Interesting test; I've never taken one like that before.

The ones i remember taking in high-school psych classes were the mississippi mark 2's or something?

The results were plotted on two axis and my result gave me and (0,0. 0,0) which was nice, although totally useless.

ESTP
Strength of the preferences %
22 25 12 11

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

meh

I got INTP - distinctively introverted,moderately intuitive, slightly thinking and slightly percieving. I bet that result would surprise Birkenau. Note that I don't rate as being judgemental!
Some of my answers would most likely strike the author of the test as being contradictory. For exampel: yes to empathising, but no to caring. It's not the same thing because you could really understand the pain or emotion of some people, but then think that it's not worth caring too much because there's nothing you can do, or even that they brought their misfortunes onto themselves in some way. On the other hand someone might think they are caring by giving money to charity and they think they are good at emphasising, but then they go to work and leave their infant kids with a dodgy childminder. So they would be rated as more caring than me, when I would never do that.
Also I can make a rapid decision on the spur of the moment, but that does not mean that a planning process has not occured (at high speed) in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.