Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
56 12 50 11

You are:

* moderately expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

anyone get this? i dont want to be a loner.

and this board seems to be full of introverts.

INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
44 38 38 89

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* very expressed judging personality

Odd how I have the same exact score for intuitive and feeling...isn't is usually more one way or the other?

I'd imagine this combination is not very common...

I've always found the differences between Intuitive thought processes and Sensing thought processes particularly compelling. I as an INFP, use intuition more often, though I feel that I am more connected to my sensing side than most of my type. Every so often I try and examine the ones around me and try to figure out their type and I've found that N vs S is one of the harder ones to distinguish by simply observing people's action. This also leads me to believe that this is probably one of the most mistaken traits in the test. By mistaken I mean inaccurate; many of the people I've seen take the test haven't found their actual type until their 2nd or 3rd time.

Zephyrus, that was a great essay but I was a tad disappointed to not see any comments on S/N. Oh and did you split the room according to those? How'd that go? Sorry if I annoy you haha, I just find this stuff really interesting.

Zephyrus, that was a great essay but I was a tad disappointed to not see any comments on S/N. Oh and did you split the room according to those? How'd that go? Sorry if I annoy you haha, I just find this stuff really interesting.

We only split the room twice, first between the Introverts and Extroverts, then between the Thinkers and Feelers.

We only split the room twice, first between the Introverts and Extroverts, then between the Thinkers and Feelers.

Ahh, that's too bad :)

I too find this pretty interesting. What exactly are the differences between sensing and intuitive?

Well, generally sensing people are more detailed oriented, live in
the now, and are more concrete, where as intuitive people focus on the bigger picture and read between the lines. More metaphorical I suppose.

Oh, here's a good definition:

Sensing

Sensors pay attention to both immediate data from their five senses and from their own direct experiences. They are create meaning from conscious thought, rather than trusting their subconscious, limiting their attention to facts and solid data. As necessary, they will happily dig into the fine detail of the situation.
They focus on what is immediate, practical and real, and live life as it is rather than trying to change the world.
They like logic and tend to pursue things in a clear sequence. At work, they will have a clear schedule and like to use their proven skills in tactical situations.
They may be seen as frivolous or short-sighted by Intuitors.

Intuiting

Intuitors process data more deeply than sensors and are happy to trust their subconscious and 'sixth sense', gut feel, intuition or whatever you want to call it.
They are good at spotting patterns and taking a high-level view, as opposed to digging into the detail.
They like ideas and inspiration and tend to have a focus on the future, where they will plan to change the world rather than continue to live in the imperfect present.
At work, they like to acquire new skills and working at the strategic level.
They may be seen as impractical, theoretical and lacking determination by Sensors.

Thank you Changingminds.org

Yeah, you're probably an N. I always attributed logic to the T (thinking) function as opposed to S.

This site has some pretty good explanations.

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

one of the sites that links to for INFJ:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

"INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types." (it's actually 0.5% for males)

So true for me. This part:

"INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized."

happens A LOT to me....it gets kinda scary sometimes, especially when my dreams are part of it...

And sometimes, I can tell exactly what kind of a person someone is, what a lot of their interests are, how they think about things, and what many of the things they've been through are, before I actually talk with them. I don't actually try to think about that stuff (like how some people analyze how others look/act/talk and base what they think on that)...I just end up knowing it somehow. A recent example of this would be a girl I know from work. I decided to talk to her (when I finally got a chance) about three months after I started working there (the most I ever said to her before that was 'hi' or 'good morning'), and the more I got to know her, the more I proved myself right about every last detail...

A less recent, although still current, example, would be when I met my step-dad for the first time. The moment I saw him, I knew he would be no good for my family (especially mom) and that he would only cause trouble, and many things that I saw him do/say as time went on only strengthened that feeling. I had actually planned on advising mom not to marry him, but she seemed happy at the time, so I decided not to. Only a good deal later did I find out that not only had he been treating her like crap since their honeymoon (and continues to do so, along with physical and verbal abuse...the physical abuse has stopped lately, but only because the police got involved), but also that he has a ton of mental problems like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, paranoia, extreme OCD, manic depression, and he's very egotistical, prideful, controlling, manipulative, and blows up for the stupidest little reasons. My mom and I have gone through so much shit because of him....I sometimes really do regret keeping my mouth shut.

he has a ton of mental problems like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, paranoia, extreme OCD, manic depression, and he's very egotistical, prideful, controlling, manipulative, and blows up for the stupidest little reasons.

Sounds like you should get him to sign up to the forums here, he'll be among good company :lol: