Personality Types (MBTI/Jung)

Cythraul

Dec 10, 2003
Hey, friends! I've been interested in personality typology lately and I'm wondering how all of you fit into the Myers-Briggs/Jungian personality typology. I have over the years consistently tested as an INTP. Earlier today I took this test and, as expected, I got the INTP result. My results:

Introverted (I) 89.66% Extroverted (E) 10.34%
Intuitive (N) 75% Sensing (S) 25%
Thinking (T) 81.25% Feeling (F) 18.75%
Perceiving (P) 51.72% Judging (J) 48.28%

Your type is: INTP

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

The various descriptions of INTP I've read on the internets are like reading the goddamn story of my life. This stuff is deadly accurate in my case.

If you know your Myers-Briggs type, post it along with a description. If not, then take the test and poast the results. I am interested to see what your personality types are. I want to be able to put you into a conceptual box and subsume you under general, abstract principles because that's what I fucking do.

I predict that the following UMers are fellow INTPs: Addo, Dodens Gray, Virus Gravy, Zephyrus, Einherjar, Dakryn.

UMers I'm not sure about but have an inkling might be INTPs: Yoda, Mountains of Mars, Ozzman

These predictions of mine are based entirely on the fact that the people I listed are weird, possibly introverted, metal nerds with intellectual and literary interests.

No one seemed interested when I brought this up a while back. I am an INTJ.

Edit: I am offended by your IB4 Dak line :p

I think the MBTI system is one of the best things to come out of General psychology.

Edit #2: Socionics is a relatively pointless bastardization. Obviously my "J" side speaking there.

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 54.29% Intuitive (N) 45.71%
Thinking (T) 58.06% Feeling (F) 41.94%
Perceiving (P) 54.29% Judging (J) 45.71%

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

Results are way to close to specify anything, imo, though I think a couple years back I was INTP as well. I've definitely become more outgoing/social then I was 2-3 years ago, though only to an extent.

In the past, I tested as INTJ. It has been over a decade since I took one of these things and guess what I got?

Introverted (I) 58.06% Extroverted (E) 41.94%
Intuitive (N) 52.5% Sensing (S) 47.5%
Thinking (T) 58.82% Feeling (F) 41.18%
Judging (J) 51.72% Perceiving (P) 48.28%

Your type is: INTJ

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Introverted (I) 72.73% Extroverted (E) 27.27%
Intuitive (N) 51.35% Sensing (S) 48.65%
Thinking (T) 73.53% Feeling (F) 26.47%
Judging (J) 74.29% Perceiving (P) 25.71%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Retested on that site. I had been using the Human Metrics: Jung Types test.

Introverted (I) 61.29% Extroverted (E) 38.71%
Sensing (S) 55.26% Intuitive (N) 44.74%
Thinking (T) 67.86% Feeling (F) 32.14%
Perceiving (P) 65.63% Judging (J) 34.38%

Your type is: ISTP

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
78 62 12 44

yep, ISTP in both tests

Nowadays I am fucking proudly owning my goddamn personality and if somebody doesn't like it they can eat cocks until the end of time.

Yeah, discovering the MBTI greatly helped me "own myself", since while in the Marines I was generally surrounded by a bunch of extroverts who thought being an introvert was some sort of malady that must be cured.

It's been a great help in my marriage, also in dealing with certain extroverts in my life. The great irony I find is that generally, only IxTx types are even going to care about this stuff, as we enjoy thinking. ExFx types are too busy being external to care.

In other words "Stop worrying about all that bullshit and lets go party", or "Thats what a loser WOULD talk about", "You can't just put people in boxes man", etc.

Ehh, kind of hard to define. I would say that I am in my head all the time and somebody who is into external world kind of stuff is more interested in human interactions, actually doing real things, etc. I am more interested in trying new ideas. I have a really active mental life but my life outside my mind is pretty simple. I guess people like my ex are more outwardly adventurous, whereas most of my adventures take place in my head, which made me a very interesting person for my ex to talk to (we never ran out of stuff to talk about) but when it came to actually getting out of the house...ughhh, whatever...

My current girlfriend is a mixture of both. She's very extroverted, but is a homebody and likes talking about stuff that requires a lot of thought. I should have her take this thing.

I also agree with what Dakryn said.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the result of INTJ every time I've taken a test like this in the past, and this time wasn't an exception:

Introverted (I) 60.47% Extroverted (E) 39.53%
Intuitive (N) 77.42% Sensing (S) 22.58%
Thinking (T) 90% Feeling (F) 10%
Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

I suspect that the high extroversion percentage comes from my affirmative answers to questions like "do you meet people easily?" and the like. People tell me that I'm a great listener, but I usually feel surprised by this because what's going on in my head during such conversations feels completely cold and calculated, as you might be able to glean from the overwhelming "thinking" percentage. I guess the high extraversion percentage makes sense because I do genuinely enjoy being around people at times, but it's rare for me to find myself social situations that don't make me think "I would be getting more out of doing something on my own right now".

Edit: Regarding "external world stuff": I was just thinking today about how often I forget how few people actually give a shit about things that I find most exciting. I'd wager that fewer than .1% of the population actually gives a shit about the recent experimental evidence with neutrinos or if someone resolved the Riemann Hypothesis, but those are the sorts of things that get me going. Maybe I just haven't experienced the colossal shitheap that is the real world yet to get my priorities straight...

I think this sometimes, but maybe that's because I don't get out much anymore and sometimes I need to interact with other people outside of work. This includes random strangers at restaurants or whatever.

In the few years since I got out of Marines, as I have engaged in more study and the world situation has deteriorated, I find myself less and less able to stand the typical social gathering, which generally consists of a bunch of people talking about pointless bullshit and doing nothing of interest, IE pointless bullshit.

For externally focused people, anything going on externally is generally better than nothing, which is why they can enjoying talking about the weather, and other idle chitchat and not go insane. They would go insane if they had to sit alone and think about anything. Complete lack of stimulation.

For an INT, the external stimuli is generally not even close to as stimulating as their thoughts, or the serious thoughts of other thinkers.

I saw you post and I figured you would be this. We should hang out. Who knows what two INTJ, finance geeks could get into?

For an INT, the external stimuli is generally not even close to as stimulating as their thoughts, or the serious thoughts of other thinkers.

Agreed. There have been times when I'm out with friends and all I want to do is go home and be alone.

My results:

Introverted (I) 77.42% Extroverted (E) 22.58%
Sensing (S) 53.49% Intuitive (N) 46.51%
Thinking (T) 57.14% Feeling (F) 42.86%
Judging (J) 54.29% Perceiving (P) 45.71%

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

Extroverted (E) 51.52% Introverted (I) 48.48%
Intuitive (N) 51.61% Sensing (S) 48.39%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Judging (J) 56.67% Perceiving (P) 43.33%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

I think surveys that ask you very or not very are silly and people tend to answer them incorrectly. Some of the questions were strict yes or no, do or don't type questions. And then again, some of the questions made little sense to me and were misleading when in reality I was indifferent to it so I chose the middle choice which is why most of my percentages are close.

I don't even know if ENTJ is similar to my personality. I wouldn't objectively be able to judge that, you guys would.