Peter Lindgren

chaveta

Dec 31, 2001
Visit site
ok, sorry if this has been brought up before.

does anyone else feel like Peter gets all the "easy" parts? he doesnt sing, [i should say that i'm only basing this on the bootlegs of 'the drappery falls', 'demon of the fall' and 'forest of october', and the guitar.com interviews] and i feel like he gets the easy parts of the songs.

undoubtely he is a huge part of the band, but time and time again i've read that Mikael writes the lyrics and the music, he plays all the solos [again, only from what i've seen, never seen them live] and takes the harder parts of the song.

he's the riffer, obviously, he helps create the chaos and also the atmosphere in the clean parts, and I am in no way having any type of go at him, i respect his work but i feel like he could do a bit more to allow Mikael to give more of him during concerts.

what do you guys think?

Mike plays some of the solos and rythym guitar..Peter plays lead, and some rythym..You would be suprised and how Opeth would sound without Peter..Peter also been doing alot of interviews promoting Deliverance..There is a BWBK cover story of Opeth as Peter was interviewed.Peter is also an original (if I'm correct) member of Opeth, and the dual guitar interplay between Pete and Mike specifically on the Opeth's previous releases is essential to Opeth's sound..I couldn't imagine Opeth without Pete Lingren..-l-

actually peters parts are the same difficulty as mikes, when i listen to opeth on headfones it lets me hear peters parts muh more clearly and they are incredible. mikeals guitar is just louder. peters lead work is also very good.

Deathbearer, you misunderstood me, i don't want Peter out of Opeth, not at all.

i only said this based on what i've SEEN which i admit isn't much compared to those who have actually seen them play live and stuff...

Logic dictates that vocalist picks easier parts to play under vocal lines.

So is with Opeth. Mike plays the stuff he's more comfortable with where he sings.

Mikael normally plays the more 'dominant' part of the song... Peter normally plays the overdubs in live scenarios, but they both still have their own solos... if you've watched any bootlegs or seen them live you must've seen Mikael doing the solos that he wrote and Peter doing the same.. actually it's quite easy to know who wrote which solo since they both have such different styles of writing. Mikael seems to appreciate more bluesy rock style stuff as opposed to Peter who writes more 'metal' kinda solos based off alot of minor scales, thirds, arpeggios and shit like that.

I mean as of late, I suppose Peter probably hasn't been as big of an addition to the band as he maybe was when they started out with Orchid doing the harmony and melody stuff where I'm sure both of them had to put in equal effort to pull all that stuff off. I think on the later albums Mike writes most of the stuff and Peter just writes the odd solo here and there. I could be wrong though, it's just that this is the impression I get.

dealing with peter, rusty told me it's his birthday today (6 march). well...

happy birthday to peter :)

Mike's not always louder. On Orchid and Morningrise it sounds like he is though.

I read that for Deliverance, Mikeal did all the rhythm tracks plus his solos, while Peter only did his own solos...

I don't really find that odd at all, considering Mike now writes everything and Opeth never rehearses. They have changed from the old days...

In Toronto (and I'm assuming in all the other cities) Peter played a good portion of the solos. Mike said himself that when he's singing he takes the "simpler" half of the riff.

Peter SLAYED on the Deliverance solos. Fuckin' incredible.

I often read that they make up most of the leads and fill stuff in in the studio, and Peter's said that he contributes riffs and things, but lets Mike work them into the songs, since he has a high opinion of his friend's songwriting abilities.

It always seemed to me that Mike was doing the more complex riffs at shows. I realize now that might be due to his guitar being much louder. I hate how I miss out on what Pete's doing at live shows. His guitar is crazy low most times. Anyone else get urked by that?

I'd like to see an interview with multiple questions for Mike and Pete.