Peters Bass Playing

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Does Anybody Ever Feel Like Peter Is Just Kinda And Always Will Be A Fill In Guy. I Know Hes A Full Member But Ive Never Really Heard Any Kind Of Bass Interlude Or Pause Where He Only Plays Well Besides The Little Stop Starts In Cloud Connected. Does Anyone Else Know What I Mean Or Feel That Way. Even Daniel Gets Little Moments Like The Roll And China Crash ( Ting) In Pinball Map. Peter Never Really Seems To Have His Moments. Id Just Like To Hear What The Guy Can Really Do. Oh Yeah I Saw Somebody Write Something About The Trigger And Rej. Role Video Where They Said Speed Would Kick All The Ifs Guys Ass, Peters Pretty Big So Im Gonna Have To Disagree With That. Also Jesper Looks Pissed All The Time ( Maybe Just Serious) And I Bet He Could Hold His Own. Besides The Guitar Player In Soilwork ( The Bald One) Looks Much Older And A Little Febble.

Theres loads of bits on the last two albums (RTR & STYE) especially where there are deep thundering fills. Hes not doing anythign but chugging the rhythm but hes on his own. I love his style. I'm a bass player so I've been listening carefully.

Boomer said:
Theres loads of bits on the last two albums (RTR & STYE) especially where there are deep thundering fills. Hes not doing anythign but chugging the rhythm but hes on his own. I love his style. I'm a bass player so I've been listening carefully.

ILL PAY MORE ATTENTION NEXT TIME THANKS

Peter has a very good sense of groove...In Flames would sound a good bit different without him. Technicallity is not always important.

...and Soilwork has an extra member. In my opinion, Peter would hold his own and kick some mother fuckers' asses...but, I would also have to say that Daniel would do likewise. He might be the smallest dude in the band, but he just comes off as someone who would be all about cheap shotting you and also someone who doesn't take much shit from anyone...

However, Speed Strid is pretty god damn fucking big...and Soilwork has a few younger members...and also, they're all in better shape. They would rule In Flames in a fight.....

As a bass player myself, I deeply respect Peter. His parts are very unique compared to others I have heard. VERY UNIQUE. I mean, he has his own style to playing that is very distinct to me. Johan's bass parts don't really stand out to me much. But without Peter, IF would have a different sound. Besides, there'd be too many little children around. We all know Peter is a freaking beast, and spends time eating little children.

And unless Soilwork and IF fight, I don't know how you're predicting who would win.