Petition for a Collaboration between Slate and Toontrack

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
That, and I would kill many, many homeless people and mimes to see a Slate expansion for S2.0.

send your requests to toontrack. I'm not against the idea.

Jeff (DSS3) got me thinking:

I think since we are all lovers of Slate's and Toontracks products, for their respective strengths, we should start a petition of sorts and shoot a few e-mails over to Toontrack (and the results/outcome of this post of course) to request Toontrack to collaborate with Steven Slate to create the ultimate in drum replacement/sequencing programs. All in favor, say I, explain why and let's make this shit happen! :kickass:

A Slate expansion for S2 would SLAY. I hate Kontakt, I love the S2 plug-in, and I LOVE the Slate samples. What could be better?

Hey Steven - if you're reading this - stop wasting your time with BFD... :) Call the toontrack dudes and work it out. It would be a match made in HELL!!! (The good part of Hell - with the loud music and the hot chicks...)

Bobby

So, let's make it happen. I'm sure if we work at it enough it could be reality.

Exactly what do you intend to do to "work at it" Greg? Just keep brandishing the weapon of endless nagging at both companies? :loco: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love this too, but the audacity of that last sentence made me chuckle :D

This is like having maria ozawa and tera patrick in a lesbian scene doing a double sided dildo.

+ pelvic grinding.

Exactly what do you intend to do to "work at it" Greg? Just keep brandishing the weapon of endless nagging at both companies? :loco: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love this too, but the audacity of that last sentence made me chuckle :D

audacity - aggressive boldness or unmitigated effrontery; "he had the audacity to question my decision"

I don't see anything particularly bold and daring about nudging a union between two companies who are thriving for a similar goal. Especially when a pretty substantial majority of their customers, who all for that matter frequent the same forum (which is chock-full of a wonderful amount of information and a great resource) have resurfaced the discussion of the shortcomings of both parties' software give or take a few BAZILLION times. You also seem to be the only person with a smart-alec comment regarding the whole matter.

I wouldn't say a soul is nagging anyone endlessly around here, mind you. Slate happens to be an active member of this forum with a genuine care for his customers and his product-- the mark of a true businessman and business owner if you ask me. Slate is without a doubt one of the premier (if not the best) drum sample creating audio engineers in the world as of now (at least to what knowledge we have) and the only thing that is preventing his product from being the most accessible to the non-professional engineer or the professional engineer looking to replace a drummer COMPLETELY via MIDI or through the use of an E-Kit is his sequencer and the cohesiveness of the drum kit. Slate, I know you'll end up reading this: I literally sat there and watched nearly every drum-kit video demo on your site and was in awe of how the drums sounded, but wasn't thrilled by the cymbals. I can only imagine your ability to coax the sound out of a full drum kit in a good sounding room and I want to hear and see your product in a sequencer and sounding as cohesive as Superior Drummer 2.0. I'm tired of beating this subject like a dead horse, as it's been said in Nitrobattery's thread. So many people use your samples in tandem with Superior Drummer and if you worked with them, you could easily create a mind-blowing program/expansion.

Also, Marcus, as of last time I checked you own neither product so its stunning that you have the audacity to add such useless commentary to a thread that could possibly spark the beginning of a wonderful collaboration between two software developers.

Oh for heaven's sake, take a freakin' joke Greg - as I tried to make clear, the only thing I was amused by was your sentiment that working at it hard enough will have any effect on what Toontrack especially decides to do, but it can't hurt to try! But yeah, try to lighten up there buddy :wave:

EDIT: However, I admit "audacity" was too strong a word, "idealism" would have been more appropriate to my playful intent. And I fully intend to buy SSD 3.5 EX as soon as it's released! :headbang:

This is like having maria ozawa and tera patrick in a lesbian scene doing a double sided dildo.

+ pelvic grinding.

:lol:

OhHellsYeah.gif

Oh for heaven's sake, take a freakin' joke Greg - as I tried to make clear, the only thing I was amused by was your sentiment that working at it hard enough will have any effect on what Toontrack especially decides to do, but it can't hurt to try! But yeah, try to lighten up there buddy :wave:

EDIT: However, I admit "audacity" was too strong a word, "idealism" would have been more appropriate to my playful intent. And I fully intend to buy SSD 3.5 EX as soon as it's released! :headbang:

+1 For your edit. Remember, English is a fucked up language and sarcasm is best spoken, not read.

Also, I'll have some technical info on why you may like the Roadster better than the Dual Rec 2 Channel in the near future. Mine is currently in the shop having all its transformers and chokes replaced, to be retubed and to be modded even further. As soon as all my modded amps are in one room, its gonna be clip central!

again, if toon track contacted us about an Superior expansion I'd be up for it..

Having said that, our 3.5 update makes the K Player pretty powerful and pretty easy to use.. the cymbal presets in 3.5 have also been improved.. I think I've posted enough demos showing off the potential of the SSD cymbals..

HOWEVER, our new Deluxe cymbal packs are recorded with a stereo pair with the cymbals set up over a kit, similar to how Superior is recorded. These cymbals can be used with the new Deluxe kits or with older Platinum/Le/EX kits..

But back to the topic, yeah if Mattias expresses interest, I'm game for Toontrack expansions..

again, if toon track contacted us about an Superior expansion I'd be up for it..

Having said that, our 3.5 update makes the K Player pretty powerful and pretty easy to use.. the cymbal presets in 3.5 have also been improved.. I think I've posted enough demos showing off the potential of the SSD cymbals..

HOWEVER, our new Deluxe cymbal packs are recorded with a stereo pair with the cymbals set up over a kit, similar to how Superior is recorded. These cymbals can be used with the new Deluxe kits or with older Platinum/Le/EX kits..

But back to the topic, yeah if Mattias expresses interest, I'm game for Toontrack expansions..

You bet your ass Toontrack wouldn't give whatever might come of this for as good price as Slate does now.

Id feel happier if Toontrack merged with Slate rather than Slate merge with Toontrack if you know what I mean :)

id love to see this

the dude/jocke; surely you have your 'contacts'? any way you could see the likely hood of this happening? im sure both sides would benefit - steven would get his product out there to all those that are in the toontrack/superior camp, while toontrack have another great release on their side.

id love to see this

the dude/jocke; surely you have your 'contacts'? any way you could see the likely hood of this happening? im sure both sides would benefit - steven would get his product out there to all those that are in the toontrack/superior camp, while toontrack have another great release on their side.

I just found this thread and I thought I'll send Mattias a link to the thread. ;)