Petition for a Collaboration between Slate and Toontrack

just thinking about it, it would be pretty cool to have a kind of 'LA' series of expansions seeing as there has already been the NY ones and one from europe.

im not sure what other people they could get involved - but if you think the metal foundry expansion had quite a few name guys working on it, as did the NY stuff. i reckon it would be awesome to have slate and some of the big mixing guys perhaps to collaborate?

WOW! Maybe my S2 won't totally useless after all. Toontrack would be stupid not to take Steven up on the offer he's made here, but I really don't ever see it happening. Hey, I'm a pessimist, what can I say? ;)

How will this thread help? I'm just asking. Clue me in on the workings.

If a thread with a request is all it takes to get something major done, then I have a great idea. Can we please have a "petition" encouraging (forcing) Jessica Alba to have my babies? (intercourse required)

How will this thread help? I'm just asking. Clue me in on the workings.

When a handful of people say "make this, it will make you money, cause we'll buy it," there's a good chance other people will buy it too. All business is supply and demand... so if we make the demand, someone will likely supply! We're a persistent group of fellows around here too, so hopefully we can make this a big enough of a deal that it comes to life.

C'mon Mattais:headbang:

although the kicks arent so hot

Regardless of product, I always get a bit baffled by comments like these. Imo, it's all about processing. Throw a transient designer type plugin on the end of the kick, reduce the decay of the drum, and the amount going to the overheads and room mics, and you'll get that undynamic Slate feel in no time.

considering all the avatar sounds are pretty processed, and the snare and toms take practically no work to get to sit in a mix, it does make the kicks seem a bit off. granted with processing you can improve them, but in most cases of me using them they are tuned too high and to get them usable you have to pitch shift them down and eq. id rather just replace with a lower sample than be messing with that tbh as they already sound pretty damn eq'd to me.

and yes, to a certain extent it is about the processing, but its not JUST about that. it would be nice to have a kick in there thats 95% ready for me to use like the rest of the drums in that pack. you shouldnt have to bend over backwards to get something to work - in my experience its just an uphill battle. im happier with starting with something good and using minimal processing to fix it.

that said its all preference so im sure there are a lot of cases where they'll do fine.

ssd.png