petition to get Nevermore back on tour with Opeth!!

Greenwater_Pond

Role model of males 18-49
I just read that nevermore have dropped out of the North American tour in february with opeth and have been replaced by moonspell....now no one wants to go anymore out of my friends because they all have seen opeth but wanted to see nevermore (myself included) I just missed them a second time on Monday in montreal because I had to fucking have kidney surgery on the 9th and I had to get rid of my ticket I was so pissed off...I was waiting all year to see them, then when I heard they'd be back with opeth I was excited again, now that's not evening happening...looks like I'll never be able to see Nevermore live in my lifetime :(

You missed them this year, oh my god, I guess you'll never ever ever see them in your entire life now.

It's because I've missed tons of bands....Death, Fear Factory, at the gates....they weren't before I was into metal either, and they all had shows but circumstances kept me from seeing them (fear factory just chose not to play that one fucking date on th tour!)...so it kinda worries me

I'd rather see the boys rest up and get organized for their own tour, this opening slot crap is getting old. A Nevermore/Testament tour with one opening band and Nev/Test alotted the same amount of time each night would be the shit.

im with the Rev on this one..although id LOVE to see Opeth and Nevermore on stage together...id perfer a headlining tour with Nevermore....if they tour with Testament...thats just as good!

=== said:
You missed them this year, oh my god, I guess you'll never ever ever see them in your entire life now.

hahaha :lol:

on a serious note:
i LOVE opeth, i love this band,
but.. i;ve seen them twice and im sorry... but they are a bit boring live..
opeth is not a band for live shows.. and as much as those guys of opeth are great people and very friendly, i dont think Opeth in a good live band.
Nevermore on the other hand.......
:D:D:D

I have no time in life for soap opera metal, opeth is boring, and moonspell just plain sucks. I bought Irreligous and threw it out the window of my truck before I even got home. Fucking pitiful waste of fifteen bucks. Nevermore, Testament, and Overkill, with whom ever Devin Townsend is playing with now for an opener.

Reactions: HemiGTX
Pyrus said:
:kickass: My thoughts exactly. Let Opeth tour with ambient faggoths, and leave REAL metal bands to their own tour.
I've seen Opeth twice, and last time was with Lacuna Coil and Yakuza (I think that was their name.) I stayed in the bar till Opeth came on...man. I don't think I've ever been so uninterested in my life. I'm good on Opeth.

And Nevermore has finally earned their spotlight to be the headliner on their own f'n tour. I wouldn't really care who they brought, since I trust their taste.

Greenwater_Pond said:
I just read that nevermore have dropped out of the North American tour in february with opeth and have been replaced by moonspell....now no one wants to go anymore out of my friends because they all have seen opeth but wanted to see nevermore (myself included) I just missed them a second time on Monday in montreal because I had to fucking have kidney surgery on the 9th and I had to get rid of my ticket I was so pissed off...I was waiting all year to see them, then when I heard they'd be back with opeth I was excited again, now that's not evening happening...looks like I'll never be able to see Nevermore live in my lifetime :(

You'll see them, and it'll be even better than you ever thought. :)

Oh, and I hope you're all healed up and healthy too.

Yeah, buddy of mine emailed today and told me the bad news about Moonspell replacing Nevermore. Not sure what the Opeth haters saw during the shows, but my opinion is Opeth is more geared toward the "musician" audience....people who want to see and hear the melodies and interplay, not swinging their elbows into the sweaty black t-shirt crowd. The last tour had one of the best sets I have ever seen with "Benighted" and "To Bid You Farewell", the worst part was the jerks yelling and screaming during the show asking for the heavy stuff and doing the cookie monster thing. To me, the combo of Opeth and Nevermore would be the best of both worlds....soft, heavy, technical, angry and emotional - I'm all for a co-headline tour both playing 90 minutes and rotating as openers/closers....go ahead and throw Arch Enemy in as the opening band.

HemiGTX said:
I've seen Opeth twice, and last time was with Lacuna Coil and Yakuza (I think that was their name.) I stayed in the bar till Opeth came on...man. I don't think I've ever been so uninterested in my life. I'm good on Opeth.

And Nevermore has finally earned their spotlight to be the headliner on their own f'n tour. I wouldn't really care who they brought, since I trust their taste.
I was at that show! I did go and see Lacuna Coil. I'd never seen them and was curious. I saw them liked them, but I think I'm beyond them now. Or over them. Whatever.

I'm okay with them touring with Opeth again but would love to see them do a headlining tour of their own. I would like to a full set, not a lousy 30-40 minute thing.

Lillitu said:
I was at that show! I did go and see Lacuna Coil. I'd never seen them and was curious. I saw them liked them, but I think I'm beyond them now. Or over them. Whatever.

I'm okay with them touring with Opeth again but would love to see them do a headlining tour of their own. I would like to a full set, not a lousy 30-40 minute thing.
:lol: I bet you were at that show. Yakuza is a bar band = Stay in the bar. And I agree about LC, I saw a little bit of it, and out of curiosity, it was good to see/hear them. But, that's more than enough.