Phantom Blue Reunion Show - May 26th 2009

Damn, you guys are getting ME all excited about this! Meldrum would be proud!!!
HOB is pretty pooey about video but we'll see what can be worked out if at all possible.
I think Jan will come really quickly! Yay!

Hey Linda! Are you all going to do a merch booth with IMs style meet and greet? I think fans love that the Maidens do this and it would be a great way to help out Michelle's fund. Too bad Phantom Blue didn't do this back in the day, huh. Might be driving a Mercedes instead of a Hyundai!:lol: Let me know if you need a booth jockey!:lol:

Hey Linda! Are you all going to do a merch booth with IMs style meet and greet? I think fans love that the Maidens do this and it would be a great way to help out Michelle's fund. Too bad Phantom Blue didn't do this back in the day, huh. Might be driving a Mercedes instead of a Hyundai!:lol: Let me know if you need a booth jockey!:lol:

Is there going to be merch for this show? I really want a Phantom Blue t-shirt. And I would really love to meet all the girls and get my stuff signed if possible, that would be so awesome!!! :kickass:

Aah she'll be ready. A few months ago I went to her website and saw a video of her playing a very hard classical piano piece totally from memory. Incredible playing there for sure. Killer musician.

I recently spoke to Gene Hoglan (Meldrum's drummer) and he says at this point the tribute show will most likely be on the next Meldrum album's release date or on the anniversary of Michelle's passing. January is too soon.

I sent Gene footage I have of an old Phantom Blue live show where Michelle does a solo and they want to use parts of that solo on some of the meldrum songs still being worked on.

She's so funny! Thanks for this post, Jeremy. It's good to see she is getting back into the swing of things for this future reunion show. She told me several years ago she hadn't picked up a guitar for years so this is heart-warming for me to see at the very least. It's all for Michelle. :headbang:

Well she is trying out some new technology here......Too funny!! From her myspace blog on Oct 3.

Friday, October 03, 2008

shit...dammit...fuck!!!!
Current mood: about to throw something

Can anyone help me figure out how to use a fucking zoom ps-04? I am about to throw this piece of shit across the room" .

Someone online just unearthed yet another rare Phantom Blue gem. This video contains the band's performance at Rock City in Nottingham, England, plus some fragmented interview clips and an unplugged performance of "My Misery."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Cpib3AHiY]Phantom Blue Live 1994[/ame]

Kim just posted this on the PB Facebook Group:

Kim Nielsen-Parsons said:
The P.B. reunion show which is part of the Michelle Meldrum benefit has been postponed to May 2009 due to difficulty in getting all the bands together in the same place at the same time. Dates are still to be confirmed and everything is still subject to change.

There are a couple dates on hold right now but until things get more solid, which needs to happen SOON, I would rather not even mention them due to the way things have been changing ever sinse this tragic event took place to begin with. You will be the first to know if we ever get anything confirmed on this. Considering us Phantom girls have not played together in about 14 years, I sure wish they would get some kind of green light under way. Lots of material to rehash!!