Phantom Blue Reunion Show - May 26th 2009

Well, the DATE is what I am actually confirming..........and remember, this is NOT a Phantom Blue reunion show, it is a benefit for Michelle and her family and son. PB is not officially confirmed yet to participate cuz we are still figuring out if we can logistically get everybody together and make it happen, however, the date is confirmed for this benefit for Tuesday, May 26th. If we are not playing as a band, I know some of us will definitely at least be there and jam with others. Hopefully we can confirm this soon and then us surviving members will reconnect on stage one last time in Michelle's memory. Will update with correct information as soon as I know more.

Here is the official press release for the benefit show for Michelle and her family. Okay, I guess they are calling it a reunion for PB so..........there ya go. Please help spread the word! :headbang:

BENEFIT CONCERT for MICHELLE MELDRUM & FAMILY

ALL-STAR CONCERT @ THE WHISKEY A-GO-GO MAY 26TH

Special Guests LEMMY KILMISTER, ROCKY GEORGE, NICK OLIVERI and MORE!

PERFORMANCES BY: Lizzy Borden, Meldrum w/Gene Hoglan, Phantom Blue (reunion) and others

HOLLYWOOD, CA (May 3, 2009) – Michelle Meldrum’s family and son Jake are honoring Michelle and the one year anniversary of her passing with a benefit concert.
On May 18, Michelle Meldrum, leader of the band Meldrum and former Phantom Blue guitarist, was rushed to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Burbank in critical condition. She passed away late afternoon Wednesday, May 21, 2008 as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain rendering her brain dead.
Meldrum had just completed writing and recording the bands soon to be released album with drummer Gene Hoglan, along with the new lineup Michele Madden (vocals) and Laura Christine (bass). The surviving band members plan to release the album later this year in tribute to their fallen band-mate.
Those who knew Michelle recognize that she lived every moment for the music, and was regarded as both an exceptional guitarist and a nurturer by her associates, friends, family and son.
8901 W Sunset Blvd in Hollywood Los Angeles, CA

Doors: 7:45 pm
Tickets: $20
Limited Tickets at Door, Presale purchase via Paypal on May 1 at www.michellemeldrum.com <http://www.michellemeldrum.com>

Raffle will be held at the event and will include prizes from Motorhead, Kiss, Ozzy, Motley Crue, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Twisted Sister, Meldrum, Gene Hoglan, Tattoo and more.

Auction will be held the week of the event on ebay include some of Michelle&#8217;s guitars and gear, collectibles, memorabilia (eBay seller MELDRUM2009).

Special Guests:
Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
Rocky George (Fishbone/Suicidal Tendencies)
Nick Oliveri (Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator)
Jason McMaster (WatchTower/Dangerous Toys)
John Norum (Europe/Dokken)
Chuck Wright (Quiet Riot)
Phil Varone (Saigon Kick/Skid Row)

Performing Bands:
Meldrum with Gene Hoglan
Lizzy Borden
Phantom Blue reunion
Iron Maidens

DJ Will &#8211; KNAC Radio
Leah Cevoli (Robot Chicken, Deadwood) &#8211; Mistress of Ceremony/Hostess

*Guest lineup subject to addition/change

Sponsors include:
KNAC, Sirius Radio, havocTV, Gibson, Marshall, Korg, EMG, Coffin Case, Guitar Center, West La Music, Serious Clothing, Ebay, Yer Cheatin' Heart Tattoo, So Cal Tattoo, Sneaky Tiki, Song Bird, Portfolio Coffeehouse, Mui Tai, Skateboard Marketing, In Time Touring, Blastwaves, Metal Sludge, Blabbermouth.

Portion of proceeds will be donated to brain research.
---

hey Linda
I just sent a message to gene Hoglan.You or Mark please get a hold of me so we can coordinate "Reality Check TV" covering this event.

It's been a rough week for me.We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of Michelle's passing.I remember being called at work when I got the news and I had to leave. I couldn't deal.

They say they come in 3's. Earlier this week I got a call that an old friend of mine committed suicide,then I find out this acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while was killed on a shooting ranch last year,then yesterday I got an e-mail that my old partner I used to book shows with in '89 died the other night after a long illness!

Our old You Tube site got deleted for some petty B.S. but we're up again and of course I got my Michelle tribute video back up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do Danny. Sorry too, about your losses. It's really a strange time isn't it? It really hasn't sunk in how real this whole thing is, until I started listening to some of the old PB stuff to rehash the songs we're going to play. I realized how wierd it was going to be to rehearse this with the rest of the band and she won't be there. It made me feel pretty ill actually. This is going to be more difficult than we all imagined. :cry:

It really hasn't sunk in how real this whole thing is, until I started listening to some of the old PB stuff to rehash the songs we're going to play. I realized how weird it was going to be to rehearse this with the rest of the band and she won't be there. It made me feel pretty ill actually. This is going to be more difficult than we all imagined. :cry:

I understand how you feel, Linda, but you and the band (as well as the Maidens and everyone else performing) will do great at the show.

In memory of Michelle, I made this little video slideshow. It's not much, but I hope you'll all enjoy it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_LUlJAXH8]Phantom Blue - "You're Free" (Michelle Meldrum Tribute)[/ame]

That was beautiful, Jeremy! I'd almost forgotten how powerful Gigi's voice was, like Janis Joplin turned up to 11!

Wow, we just had our first instrumental rehearsal tonight. So strange playing those songs again, I must say! :err: but fun! :kickass:We are all really looking forward to this event. Tomorrow will be the first full band rehearsal so that should really be wild. :headbang:

That was very thoughtful of you Jeremy.

Wow, we just had our first instrumental rehearsal tonight. So strange playing those songs again, I must say! :err: but fun! :kickass:We are all really looking forward to this event. Tomorrow will be the first full band rehearsal so that should really be wild. :headbang:

That was very thoughtful of you Jeremy.

It's the least I could do for you all. Great to hear that rehearsals have been doing well. It's too bad the Whisky won't allow cameras so most of us won't be able to see you all on stage. :(

Best of luck to you and Gigi on the KNAC interview, Linda. :)

AAAAAHHHHH...... Here's the latest with me. My boy Huge as you recall had some reservations after his car broke down Friday night and cost him a $225 tow! he does have a back up vehicle but it's a gas guzzler! Now his son came down with a 104 degree fever,The Mom's working tomorrow so unless something drastic changes it looks like we'll have to sit this one out:cry: Hope Huge's Kid gets better and I'll see you ladies in August !