Phantom Blue Reunion Show - May 26th 2009

Absolutely awesome, Jenna. Glad they performed seven of my favorites.

BTW, how did the Maidens do? I was also told that Linda and Kim performed with some of the other guest artists as well.

Absolutely awesome, Jenna. Glad they performed seven of my favorites.

BTW, how did the Maidens do? I was also told that Linda and Kim performed with some of the other guest artists as well.

They all sounded killer - a great job done by all!!

The Maidens were great!!!! Was front row and centre naturally. Sara kept making faces at me and at one point Wanda had her foot on the monitor and was playing a really tricky bit in Genghis Khan right in front of my face and Paul goes to me "Look, Wanda's showing off for you!" cos she was grinning right down at me. :lol:

It was great to finally meet the rest of the girls. I think Linda was more excited to meet me than I was to meet her!!! Hahaha!! :lol:

fuckin A amazing show!! :kickass::kickass:

I headbanged like crazy for the whole time specially Iron Maidens and Phantom Blue. I loved the Maidens setlist with all those instrumental gems :headbang::headbang:
Also enjoyed the PB setlist A LOT specially Going Mad!! :yell:
Lizzy Borden and Meldrum were amazing too, and it was a treat to watch Gene Hoglan and Michelle Madden \m/

After PB's set John Kevill of Warbringer tapped me on the shoulder and said 'dude u are like the most awesome headbanger I've ever seen!' And I was like 'aren't you the singer from Warbringer??' Then he introduced me to Courtney as well and I got this picture :D
l_2060f8c2d81e46caa00cbb8b82419dcf.jpg

I didn't stay after Meldrum's set got over because my friend had parked his car in the venue parking for some reason and it was supposed to close at midnight. So I left at 11.45 or so. Metallicat, what happened after that? I think I saw you there. Weren't you in the front row towards the left? I wanted to say hi but didn't get a chance.

I was hovering around the front and centre for the whole night. I was planning on coming over to say hi but when I got the chance, you'd gone. :( Oh well, glad you had a great time! I saw you get excited when they started playing My Apocalypse! :lol: :kickass:

Oh bummer!

And yeah loved My Apocalypse. That was the only dose of Metallica in that whole show so yeah I went mad :D
And I saw you winning some raffle prizes. Congrats! I didn't win anything, although I'm usually lucky at these things.

Really Really looking forward to the Iron Maidens show on July 12th where they'll be playing for 3 hours!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

What a great show last night! I wasn't sure I'd be able to go to this show because I already planned on seeing Morbid Angel at the Key Club the same night. But I figured I'd stop by real quick and catch the Maidens & Phantom Blue before heading to Morbid Angel, since the last time I saw the Maidens was in northern cali last year. And boy am I glad I did, you girls were awesome! Looking forward to seeing you in the bay area in august, and thanks Sara for the picks!

I'm still reeling from all that metal! I loved hearing the Phantom Blue songs live again. They certainly didn't show any "ring rust".

Jason McMasters with the Maidens? Awesome! And a true texas gentleman, too! I introduced him to 2 friends of mine, Kristi and Alex,who were driving back to Texas the next day. This was Alex's first time on the Sunset Strip. He was totally stoked.

Meldrum Version 1 & Version 2? OMG! Lea from KNAC.com called 'em "Crazy F'n Bitches!" Yeah, Moa Holmsten AND Michele Madden sang their hearts out. They all tore up that stage.

All in all. a great night!

Michelle Meldrum, Rest In Peace. Your friends and family down here love you.

Oh bummer!

And yeah loved My Apocalypse. That was the only dose of Metallica in that whole show so yeah I went mad :D
And I saw you winning some raffle prizes. Congrats! I didn't win anything, although I'm usually lucky at these things.

Really Really looking forward to the Iron Maidens show on July 12th where they'll be playing for 3 hours!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

They only play one Metallica song then turn it down almost immediately to continue the raffle!!! :Smug:

Thank you! I never win anything so that was a nice surprise! :D Three cds, a Meldrum sticker and some picks and a Motorhead pick too. :kickass:

Here are a few pics I took from the show. Gigi owned that stage, she was a joy to watch! :D

SDC10103.jpg

SDC10104.jpg

SDC10106.jpg

SDC10108.jpg

SDC10109.jpg

SDC10110.jpg

Oh bummer!

Correction...you missed "Motorbreath" in the beginning of the night.

They only play one Metallica song then turn it down almost immediately to continue the raffle!!! :Smug:

Hello & for the record...

"Motorbreath" was mixed early on in the night and on the turning down part the sound guys were given instructions during announcements to lower volume.....Raffle was part of the function...Apocalypse just happened to come up at that time.

Got to be heard to give out the prizes.:loco:

Thank you for coming down.

I was hovering around the front and centre for the whole night. I was planning on coming over to say hi but when I got the chance, you'd gone. :( Oh well, glad you had a great time! I saw you get excited when they started playing My Apocalypse! :lol: :kickass:

Did anyone happen to get any video or audio of that? I'd LOVE to hear/see that... wish I could have gone that night... :headbang:

Hello & for the record...

"Motorbreath" was mixed early on in the night and on the turning down part the sound guys were given instructions during announcements to lower volume.....Raffle was part of the function...Apocalypse just happened to come up at that time.

Got to be heard to give out the prizes.:loco:

Thank you for coming down.

Don't worry I know that, I wasn't being serious! ;) And yes I did miss Motorbreath.