Photography

That's pretty lame if they're going to charge you to watch a movie, especially in business class. The food looked good tho (including the sea food - YUMMY!), and it's probably better than what you recall because you're in business class, not coach! Good seeing you again. Somehow I have that feeling we'll be seeing you again :)

I'm not 100% accurate about the current in-flight movie regulations, as the big screen was off throughout the entire trip (or was otherwise playing a movie while I was sleeping). Business Class seats have small TV screens that pop out of the center arm rests. Also in the arm rests are giant Nintendo controllers with slots on them for sliding credit cards through them.

I've always enjoyed flying; it just depends mostly on the airline. Even though my family has a lot of privileges with them, Philippine Airlines is not one of my favorites. My personal favorite is Cathay Pacific, as the ride is very smooth, their service is top-notch and their food is heavenly. One of these days, I'll fly with them again. Also, I'm more into Boeing planes than Airbus. My flight here was an Airbus A340 and the landings were painful to the back (not to mention very long to hit the brakes).

And to tell you the truth, I don't remember the last time I flew Coach on Philippine Airlines. Almost all of my flights with them for the past two decades were on Business Class (with one actually on First Class). And in the past, Business Class breakfast was pretty crappy.

As for seafood, I can't eat them due to a violent allergic reaction to them. That includes the crabs I took a picture of a few weeks back. At least the asparagus was good.

down_in_nola.jpg

DOWN @ the House of Blues in NOLA April 4th 2K7.

Well, today was my first day out of the house since arriving in Manila. Time for some grocery shopping.

greenhills01.jpg

greenhills02.jpg

This is Greenhills, one of Metro Manila's busiest shopping centers. I'm astounded by the fact that we actually have Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I was even more shocked to see that this restaurant was still alive...

greenhills03.jpg

Since the weather is comparable to that in Florida, it's important to have something to keep yourself hydrated at all times. So I went to the local supermarket and picked this up...

greenhills04.jpg

I thought it was similar to Propel or Vitamin Water, so I gave it a little shake. Bad move. It's actually a soft drink, so it blew up when I twisted off the cap.

Walking inside the mall reminded me a lot of Blade Runner, as the inside is jammed with thousands of people walking in different directions and you have miles of side street vendors hawking used cell phones and tons of clothing. Food is ridiculously cheap (a Big Mac meal is less than $2). CDs and DVD movies are a major steal (starting at $3), and we're talking about licensed releases, not pirated copies.

And that's how I spent my day today. Now to plan my next destination...

Chinook.jpg

Thanx A7...Another pic from Operation MTN Storm. this was the actual start of the mission.

Notice the Chinook Helo's leaving LZ Boulder. :lol: This was about a three week mission for us. In fact, it was about the same time frame Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan when were on this mission. You can't see it in the pic, but there is a village on the other side of the treeline...we captured some Taliban soldiers there.

sniper-1.gif

This is so called "dead channel"..don't ask..XD

hmm this is taken while I was walking along the "Opatija" seacoast...it fascinates me..

Wow, nice pics Metal God. You've experienced a lot.

Yup, and not done yet...:lol: I have about 3 years left on my enlistment. You probably don't remember me meeting you back in San Diego 2006 at the House of Blues Motorhead show...I was on my 15 day leave from Iraq that year. Great show you played that nite. :headbang:

Lapwai9.jpg

Some culture for ya...I was at a June 2008 Memorial PowWow in Lapwai, Idaho for my 5 family members who were killed in an auto accident. I miss the very much.

Where I live is not far from Yorkshire and the Historic City of York.....dating back to the vikings and romans.

Whilst there last summer I noticed this plaque on the wall of a pub.

DSC_1616.jpg

This pub is at the side of York Minster cathedral.

The current cathedral dates back to about 1407 but there has been a religious building on this site since the year 627. At one point the remains of archbishop, Ealdred who was responsible for crowning William the conqueror were buried here.