Photography

Here are some shots from Hollywood. These are at an old hotel that used to be frequented by some of Hollywood's biggest names in the '30s and '40s.

hollywood01.jpg

hollywood06.jpg

hollywood07.jpg

hollywood08.jpg

hollywood10.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I went to an airshow at the former Clark Air Base 40 miles north of Manila. I took a hundred or so pics, which I am editing at the moment, and I shot some videos of paramotorists in action. Imagine the Maidens riding these. :Spin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwpKuWm-Sk]Powered Paragliding[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tGsJSg09A]Powered Paragliding[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnWm3HaaHGs]Powered Paragliding[/ame]

Well, I'm back from my weekend vacation in Hong Kong, and I got dozens of photos to share with you all.

For this trip, I went with my brother, as this was a double birthday present from my dad. We took Dragonair instead of Philippine Airlines, as this was a package tour. So what was for breakfast on the way to Hong Kong?

hongkong01.jpg

Chicken and rice. Not bad.

Upon arrival at the airport, we took a shuttle bus to our hotel. Here are a couple of shots from the bus and our hotel room.

hongkong02.jpg

hongkong03.jpg

What's the best way to go around Hong Kong? The Mass Transit Railway (MTR), of course. Serving nearly four million commuters a day, the MTR is one of the world's most efficient subway systems. The stations now have platform screen doors that not only prevent accidental falls or suicides, but also improve the efficiency of the climate control system.

hongkong04.jpg

Within less than ten minutes, we arrived from Tsim Sha Tsui to Mong Kok, revered for ridiculously low prices on electronics, video games and toys.

hongkong05.jpg

One of the malls we visited featured the retail store of Hot Toys, which is known for designing and manufacturing the most realistic movie replica figures in the toy industry.

hongkong06.jpg

hongkong07.jpg

hongkong08.jpg

hongkong09.jpg

All this shopping and photography got us hungry. So we stopped by The Spaghetti House - one of Hong Kong's largest restaurant chains. Nothing like a warm bowl of minestrone soup and a hot plate of sausage, bacon and ham pasta in cream sauce.:)

hongkong10.jpg

End of Day 1. Day 2 pics coming tomorrow.:Spin:

Went to Las Vegas to visit family a couple of weeks ago. Me and mom went to the Neon Museum next to Cashman Field:

Boneyard2-24-09_058.jpg

Boneyard2-24-09_162.jpg

Boneyard2-24-09_122.jpg

Boneyard2-24-09_100.jpg

They have a bunch of old signs from Vegas and a few from out of state. Some are gonna be restored and lit up in the median of Las Vegas Blvd in the near future.

All of the Neon Museum pictures

Day 2 pics of my Hong Kong trip. The first six pics were taken at Victoria Park in the Tin Hau district.

hongkong11.jpg

hongkong12.jpg

hongkong13.jpg

hongkong14.jpg

hongkong15.jpg

hongkong16.jpg

hongkong17.jpg

Bank of China Tower. Not the tallest building in Hong Kong, but the most well-known.

hongkong18.jpg

Nathan Road, one of the busiest streets in Kowloon.

hongkong19.jpg

Time to check out before going home.

hongkong20.jpg

Hong Kong International Airport is easily the best airport I've been in. It's terminals are massive in size and the facilities are very clean.

Just before leaving, I took pics of one of the airport's display pieces.

hongkong21.jpg

hongkong22.jpg

hongkong23.jpg

And that's it for my vacation. Can't wait to find out where I'll be next. :Spin:

Woohoo! I finally got a car here in Manila. It's a 2007 Hyundai Getz. Yeah, it's nothing like my Mustang, which I sadly had to part with before leaving the U.S. last Christmas, but the Getz is perfect for the kind of traffic we get here. It's about the size of a Toyota Yaris, but the interior is the size of a Scion. Plus, it has an MP3 CD player, which means I can crank up the Maidens tunes without having to change discs while sitting in traffic.

Anyway, here's my new significant other.

getz01.jpg

getz02.jpg

getz03.jpg

getz04.jpg

getz05.jpg

getz06.jpg

getz07.jpg

getz08.jpg

My mate and me are restoring and customising an Ameircan Car.

1973 Ford Mustang GHIA.

However we just put a new engine in her, it now has a 351 Windsor engine, and for the benefit of those who work in Metric, thats a 5.8 Litre V8.

She was rotting away but many body panels have been replaced, she looks a state as its a mismatch of colour and body filler. But she runs now after two years of being "dead".

I'll grab some pics of the restore work. I understand that cars are often a Mans thing in the US and restoring them sure seems popular.

Anyway the point is this car has the steering wheel on the wrong side too! I dunno, no wonder we call them yank tanks. :lol:

1973 Ford Mustang GHIA.

Hmmm...perhaps you meant it's a 1974 Mustang II, as Mustangs built on or before 1973 didn't receive the Ghia treatment. While I'm not a fan of the Mustang II (as it uses the same chassis as the dreaded Pinto), I can't wait to see pics of your restoration job.

BTW, the term "Yank Tank" is usually reserved for cars made in the '50s - many of which are still roaming the streets of Cuba.

Hmmm...perhaps you meant it's a 1974 Mustang II, as Mustangs built on or before 1973 didn't receive the Ghia treatment. While I'm not a fan of the Mustang II (as it uses the same chassis as the dreaded Pinto), I can't wait to see pics of your restoration job.

BTW, the term "Yank Tank" is usually reserved for cars made in the '50s - many of which are still roaming the streets of Cuba.

This car is something of an oddity.

It was Built In Antwerp, Belgium in June 1973. So it is infact I understand a 1972 model.
On the ownership papers its listed as a Mustang GHIA, but I understand it was also referred to as a sport.
It spent most of its life on a US Airbase, I beleive, in Poland. But I dont think the US operated any bases in Poland at that time.

It looks like a Mach 1 but the back end is slightly different, its not a fastback.

The engine thats been added is a 1984 lump, but we are unsure what vehicle it came out of, we believe it was from an F250 truck but are unsure.

She looks like this: http://www.babodream.co.kr/zbxe/files/attach/images/1497/862/173/1972-Ford-Mustang-Red-fa-r-sy.jpg