Photos from Alaska!

I lived there for three years...one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

I will say, however, that living there and visiting are two different things, and although it would be nice to retire there, I wouldn't want to live for long periods of time like I did before. Too isolated.

hmm thats some nice scenery, i would love to live there i think

Here's a pic of my apartment in Anchorage in 2000 when I lived there.

alaskasnowcar.jpg

They took a Celebrity Cruise ship up from Vancouver is all I know. I do believe it IS Juneau according to the celebrity site. Or Ketchikan.

The weather there is pretty damn good. It's not quite stereotypical Alaska and shares the weather with Vancouver/Washington state kinda. Of course it's colder, but it's really beautiful.

Yeah it was mine...I sold it a couple of years ago when I decided to stay in Italy. I wouldn't say it's really awesome, it's just a Mitsubishi Eclipse. But thanks!

When they say that Alaska is the last frontier, they aren't kidding. Even in Anchorage, which is a fairly large city, we'd always have bears digging through our garbage and moose shitting on our lawns.

Heh, last week was anything but summer! We had temps around 50 degrees F with a steady wind...felt more like November. But now we are back in the swing of things with summer-like temperatures. I say summer-like because it's still not very hot. We had a mild summer, save for a few scorching days and a really mild winter last year. Hopefully this winter the snow will return.

hmm i would love to drive a car like that, but i cant effort it :p i gotta do with my Opel Astra 1.4i ...damn i hate that car

oh and btw i have a friend living in canada...but in the French/Canadian part is that anywhere you lived?

No, I think Quebec is over towards the east. Anchorage was about 2000 miles from Seattle, so that gives you an idea how isolated we were, LOL!