Photoshop pros...

blindvomit

Oct 22, 2005
El Paso, Texas
Where did you learn how to use photoshop? I looked up tutorials on google and exercised some of them but I'm wondering how long it takes and where do you get the resources to be able to open a random image and just edit whatever you want on it, i.e. add other images seamlessly to it, erase parts of it where it seems as though it never existed, or create awesome text... I recently "aquired" Photoshop CS 9.0 and I'm intrigued by the content and the possibilities of photoshop...so...enlighten me will ya?

blindvomit said:
Where did you learn how to use photoshop? I looked up tutorials on google and exercised some of them but I'm wondering how long it takes and where do you get the resources to be able to open a random image and just edit whatever you want on it, i.e. add other images seamlessly to it, erase parts of it where it seems as though it never existed, or create awesome text... I recently "aquired" Photoshop CS 9.0 and I'm intrigued by the content and the possibilities of photoshop...so...enlighten me will ya?
you said the answer your self, google!
the real thing behind this is not the tutorial or anything you just need to mess with it to dig how it works, i call it "understanding the logics of how to think"
you need to have purpose on your mind that you want to achieve, the prog is just a tool..
any way some resources that i like are
www.gfxartist.com its a nice portal to learn and +links...
and ever heard of Gnomon? http://www.gnomon3d.com/
(consider alternative ways to get it)

I just fooled around a bit with photoshop to learn some basics to bringerize pictures. In the case of "bringerizing", or photofucking :p, I used different tools:
- Magic wand: Selection tool, in combination with the tolerance and add/substract from selection you can select parts of a picture (ie a guitar) to copy it without trying to select it manually and keeping some backgrond sticked to it.
- Healing brush tool: To make things disappear

A way to create effects is by making multiple layers with different colors and stuff and change the opacity and size of each layer.

Those are a few tools I've used and learned them by just play around with them. There are loads and loads of possibilities with photoshop and to learn their effects just fool around with them and some already posted links to tutorials :)

Ah, a crack.
Thing is....I dunno :lol: You're gonna have to google it :D
try www.cracks.am though. But be warned not to open that site using internet explorer! It's spyware gallore. Use either mozilla or opera.