3- trashed Lost and Strunghout
4- if you want peace prepare for war
5- HateBreeder
6- Toward dead end
7- Your Better Off Dead
8- Hate Crew Deathrol
9- Living Dead Beat
10-Were not gonna Fall

I always wanted to see Hatebreeder live, since it is one of the best songs on Tokyo Warheart. That would be awesome if they brought it back (I am still thrilled they started playing Follow the Reaper).

<-Warheart-> said:

Damn that is so old school. I really love Hatebreeder, it is one of their best songs and everybody forgets about it. (the last 30 seconds of the song still blow me away).

Alexi was way on top of his playing back then, even his screaming sounds awesome.

Alexander really rips it too, man they played so fucking clean back then!! :erk:

I know, I was watching it before I linked it and I was thinking about how good his voice was back then. I would die to go back to 1999/2000 and see them.

<-Warheart-> said:
I know, I was watching it before I linked it and I was thinking about how good his voice was back then. I would die to go back to 1999/2000 and see them.

This is the reason I still think Tokyo Warheart is Alexi's golden standard. Stockholm Knockout is great, but it is obvious that Alexi was a stronger screamer and a more confident player back then, he strived to hit every single note back then. Tokyo Warheart changed metal for me forever, I never knew that metal could be so real and flawless live, even better than the album. I hold every live metal band to that standard, I really hope that Alexi takes some time off after this tour to practice.

MasqueReaper said:
he strived to hit every single note back then.
Yeh, well, they weren't as established as they are now back then. He's pretty much considered by those in the know as (one of) the best present date. I don't personally feel he's gotten dramatically worse/has changed a great deal, but there is some difference that's for sure. Perhaps the reason for that is when he started he was screaming the wrong way, like, in a way that was painful to him, and over the years he learned the right way that allowed him to save his voice, but it could have sacrificed some of the intensity... Ionna. I don't see how everyone is like "he needs to practice more often". He should prolly, but isn't PLAYING the songs live a form of fucking practice? At least a little bit I think.

Heartless_Name said:
I don't see how everyone is like "he needs to practice more often". He should prolly, but isn't PLAYING the songs live a form of fucking practice? At least a little bit I think.

He admitted in a very recent interview that they aren't playing T,L, & S and If You Want Peace... because of a lack of practice. You also have to figure that he isn't getting any practice playing the same setlist every show for over a year. I agree, things aren't way worse, but they aren't better. There are a number of mistakes that Alexi makes on the new live album, and it is really interesting to hear him aknowledge that they need to practice.

Tokyo Warheart showed that Bodom can rock their songs better live then on the album. I do not think the new live album is as tight, or as clean.

MasqueReaper said:
He admitted in a very recent interview that they aren't playing T,L, & S and If You Want Peace... because of a lack of practice. You also have to figure that he isn't getting any practice playing the same setlist every show for over a year. I agree, things aren't way worse, but they aren't better. There are a number of mistakes that Alexi makes on the new live album, and it is really interesting to hear him aknowledge that they need to practice.

Tokyo Warheart showed that Bodom can rock their songs better live then on the album. I do not think the new live album is as tight, or as clean.

Hm well, I'm sure he didn't mean like they never practice, or need to more to be good. He prolly just said that in conversation, and meant like, they didn't pratice *THOSE* songs enough to be able to play them decently live yet. And yer right, they do play the same songs a lot in theirs setlists.

And as for the new album, it's great. Some songs are not the same as they are meant to be. You can call them mistakes, I feel that they um improvised a lot of parts, and it was entertaining to see/hear. I mean, I've listened to all their studio and live albums, so I know what the songs are SPOSED to sound like. This was a nice change, in my opinion. Didn't let me down at all.

Heartless_Name said:
You can call them mistakes, I feel that they um improvised a lot of parts, and it was entertaining to see/hear.

He does improvise (actually if you seperate the speakers you can hear that it is Roope who does most of the improvising). However, Alexi misses the sick parts at the end of Downfall and Lake Bodom. In Lake Bodom it is especially dissapointing, because he always improvises something absolutely sick towards the end of the song (anyone who has heard Lake Bodom live knows exactly what I'm talking about), I'd love to know where that was, instead there is dead air during the pause.

Overall most of the songs are fantastic (Follow the Reaper, Bodom After Midnight, We're Not Gonna Fall, Sixpounder, Silent Night, Hate Me, HCDR to name a few of the best).

I am just surprised that the 6 year old live album surpasses the new one as far as performance. All 3 of the songs that exist on both live albums were better on the original (Silent Night, Lake Bodom, and Downfall). The new live album is sick, SICK, but can you honestly say that it is better than the original as far as Alexi's performance?

Heartless_Name said:
He should prolly, but isn't PLAYING the songs live a form of fucking practice? At least a little bit I think.
well, why did they play silent night bodom night cleaner on tokyo warhearts then he did on this album? to me, they doesn`t get better..cus they have played this setlist for a while now and they haven´t really gotten any better.
They were better and cleaner in the tokyo warhearts era, just face it.

-Merrild- said:
well, why did they play silent night bodom night cleaner on tokyo warhearts then he did on this album? to me, they doesn`t get better..cus they have played this setlist for a while now and they haven´t really gotten any better.
They were better and cleaner in the tokyo warhearts era, just face it.

For the most part, the rest of COB are noticably better than they were on Tokyo. Roope is a better guitarist than Alexander, but he does not stay as true to the original parts as Alexander did (he fucks around a lot on Silent Night, for example). Roope practically carries the show on his back if you seperate the audio and listen to him. Jaska and Janne are lightyears better than they were. Hennka is alright, nothing to shit your pants about, but that's ok.
Alexi is the only one who definitely performs better on Tokyo Warheart. He played stronger and cleaner. Eventually when more ppl get the dvd, this discussion will heat up.

1) Downfall
2) Mask Of Ssnity
3) Are You Dead Yet?
4) Bodom Beach Terror
5) Needled 24/7
6) Bed Of Razors
7) The Trooper
8)Northern Comfort
9) Triple Corpse Hammerblow
10) Trashed Lost & Strungout