Picked it up for $400.00 bucks

A major purchase would be a car, a house, a cottage, a trip to Tahiti, an addition to your home, or a $25.000.00 home theater. At $400.00 I thought it was a very good deal.

Cool set. Don't know much about drums. 2 guys I used to jam with each had Yamaha sets. 1 guy had custom birch (black). the other guy had custom oak (oak). Loud as fuck!! They don't make oaks anymore (that I know of).

By the way, for everyone else....
...I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!! Yes, yes, thank you and leave the congratulations to a minimum, you'll embarass me!!:oops::D

The price was $549.00 plus a Pearl snare stand $50.00, and a Zil-bel $90.00 for a total of $689.00, so out the door $400.00 with tax I thought was a good deal. I have replaced the drum heads with Evans coated Genera G2 on the toms and Evans coated Genera G1 on the snare. and all Genera G1's on the bottom of the toms. To my ear coated heads sound the best. The Evans coated EMAD is my replacement bass drum head as well. The heads that came on it sounded like a toy store kit when tuned. I picked up a set of DW 9000 double pedals as well as the DW 9000 Two Leg Hi-Hat stand, the Pearl Rack, the pre-pack Zildjian A-custom cymbal pack (What a steal for $599.00 A sixteen fast crash, an eighteen crash, a set of thirteen in hi-hats, and a medium ride. It can't be beat!), and a rock-n-sock hydraulic throne. I think I am done for a while cause my bank account took a hit. LOL

Nice set dude. Reminds me of a drum set that I have but don't use. for $150.00 a neighbor sold my family a ludwig drum set that got the shit beat out of by his wife. A little glue, new heads, and some blood red stain on it and the thing rocks ass.

We probably have the same kit, except my set has a slighty different setup :loco:
mykitdi2.jpg

Nice! Is that the EX series? If so, my drummer got the same kit a while back for a pretty similar price.

Also, what's with everybody giving him shit? I like when people post pictures and info about recent gear purchases. As far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to be bragging like a jackass or anything of the sort. :erk:

pretty fuckin good kit for a beginner.

U-huh :)

I've been drumming for ages and i'd be ecstatic with a kit like that!

I know I sure am. :loco:

I like the practice area you have. Wish ours was that nice.

Mix

It's not that good to be honest, it's at our old school and we share that room with the students, they kinda use that room for music lessons, as they have guitars and their own set of drums over there. (Those bastards have borrowed one of my cymbals+stand :erk:).
I wish I could play more often now that I actually own an acoustic kit. We only get to be there on Fridays and Saturdays. And only one of us has access to the school area, if he can't come, noone will get us in.

Nice! Is that the EX series? If so, my drummer got the same kit a while back for a pretty similar price.

Also, what's with everybody giving him shit? I like when people post pictures and info about recent gear purchases. As far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to be bragging like a jackass or anything of the sort. :erk:

As you can see I have made some sweet upgrades:)

Thanks man.

dude are you really bored or just really relaxed in these videos?

Maximum sound from minimal effort is my drumming philosophy. I was very self concious and nervous on stage a when I was playing out 10 years ago, and that caused me to over think, overplay, and then eventually screw up my parts. So I give into the instrument and I let the instrument play what needs to be played and how it needs to be played. I learned that from a blues guitar player in New Orleans. Plus, I am a bigger guy (6'0" 240), so it helps to retain my energy for the rest of the set....with the help of some plants from British Columbia.:)