Picked it up for $400.00 bucks

Nice! Is that the EX series? If so, my drummer got the same kit a while back for a pretty similar price.

Also, what's with everybody giving him shit? I like when people post pictures and info about recent gear purchases. As far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to be bragging like a jackass or anything of the sort. :erk:

Just checked out your rigs. Bad Ass. Wish you were closer so we could jam.

Maximum sound from minimal effort is my drumming philosophy. I was very self concious and nervous on stage a when I was playing out 10 years ago, and that caused me to over think, overplay, and then eventually screw up my parts. So I give into the instrument and I let the instrument play what needs to be played and how it needs to be played. I learned that from a blues guitar player in New Orleans. Plus, I am a bigger guy (6'0" 240), so it helps to retain my energy for the rest of the set....with the help of some plants from British Columbia.:)

That makes sense. The drummer I play with sometimes is very tense when he plays. When he doesn't warm up he might get pissed that he can't do a certain part which makes him play harder which ruins the dynamics sometimes. When he loosens up and is very relaxed he seems to be able to play smoother and tighter.