Pickup Question

Matty35

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2008
United Kingdom
I need a little advice from the Guitar players here..

Ive bought a Jackson DX10D Guitar, it comes with Duncan Designed Pickups, which are ok, but dont really cut the mustard, not very good for Pinch Harmonics...

Now ive got real Seymour's in my other Guitar that give out a top sound, but ive been reading good things about Dimarzio Super Distortion, so im wondering, does anyone here recommend these pickups?

Cheers

Matty..:)

I depends on what wood is your guitar made of. You may want to go with EMG's. They're great for pinch harmonics and they sound good on just about anything. I suggest you get a 85 on the bridge and a 81 on the neck.

Seymour's all the way. A JB/Jazz set will set you up very nicely. Or if you're looking for a less "metal" tone, more of a classic hard rock type thing, the Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge.
I've ordered some Blackouts for my jackson RR3, fuck those EMGs!

No offense to DarrellDeth, but EMG's are highly overrated. The Dimarzio is a nice pickup, but the one I had (on a Hamer Diablo) was quite noisy. A nice pickup is a Carvin M22SD. They're relatively inexpensive, sound really thick and have 22 adjustable pole pieces, so you can really fine tune it. On a related note, I really miss my Carvin.

No offense to DarrellDeth, but EMG's are highly overrated. The Dimarzio is a nice pickup, but the one I had (on a Hamer Diablo) was quite noisy. A nice pickup is a Carvin M22SD. They're relatively inexpensive, sound really thick and have 22 adjustable pole pieces, so you can really fine tune it. On a related note, I really miss my Carvin.

Non taken.:) I'm not an EMG fanboy, but they do sound good on just about anything. I personally love Dimarzio's ToneZone, but it's not for every guitar.

For pinch harmonics, I find the JB works great. I just wired up my new Blackouts and they'll do you brilliant too. Anthrax, I believe, use Pearly Gates, not quite sure, you can find it out pretty easy though.
But I'd go JB for passive, or Blackouts for active.