Pics from San Fran 11/28!

Associating music as similar as (80s) Slayer and Dark Angel (and make no mistake, they are very similar - we just have ears trained to tell the minute differences) with varying levels of maturity is incredibly flawed logic. Musical taste is largely unrelated, especially under specific conditions?

And since when have I flamed people for liking Opeth? You wrong me, dude...you wrong me and patronize me.

Reactions: NapalmForLunch
Taste is subjective, and subject to change. As you listen to more and more music, you develop different tastes...

I don't think you outgrow metal, so to speak. Your tastes change, and develop. That's all.

It's been nearly 25+ years for me...and when I hear the cliche phrase: Stay Metal....I get pissy! Now, that patronizes me.

but what hes saying is that slayer is simplistic, uninteresting music with childish lyrical themes. easy to understand, easy to get into, easy to become bored with. slayer along with metallica are a good introduction to metal becuase they are both heavy and accesable, but they're like training wheels on your first bike. after awhile you dont need that kiddie shit anymore becuase you're beyond it.
-neal

Fair enough, Will. But neal is dead wrong...I know plenty of people who have been listening to early Slayer & Metallica for years, have heard all kinds of more intense, technical, melodic stuff, and still listen to said bands. They're a hell of a lot more complex than 90% of popular music (popular meaning rock and roll-based), and just because you're not into Slayer is not indicative of general musical tastes.

i never said general musical tastes, i said my musical tastes. what neal said related to me pretty well. to my musical tastes, Slayer is rather sucky. to your musical tastes, slayer is rather good. and to my general tastes, this whole argument is rather pointless

A logic argument is never pointless. If you really wanna stop, cool by me...I just haven't had a good argument in a long time.

If you find Slayer simplistic, then say so...the language used by both of you clearly addressed a universal ruling of sorts. Huge fuckin' logical gap, man.

Pyrus said:
Fair enough, Will. But neal is dead wrong...I know plenty of people who have been listening to early Slayer & Metallica for years, have heard all kinds of more intense, technical, melodic stuff, and still listen to said bands.
not everyone evolves, but many do.
-neal