Picture of Michael Amott's Krank Live setting

As a Krank Rev. owner, like GuitarHack, find it hard to believe that setting is the setting used. I have never put the presence that high. Hell, I've never made it past 2. I'm going to try it when I get home, but I'm almost 100% positive that its going to sound horrible. But I can't knock it til I try it.

he has the sweep knob really really high too, so I feel like there wouldn't be much low end (when I had a Revolution, whenever I cranked the sweep past 12 o'clock the low end would start disappearing)

these krank settings are terrible to the point that i think mike amott is doing this just to destroy my hearing

these krank settings are terrible to the point that i think mike amott is doing this just to destroy my hearing

Oh yeah, that Sweep setting is the culprit. It is DEFINITELY not useable that high with Pres and Treb set the way they are. For those that don't know, the Sweep actually sets the "Starting point" of the EQ section (Bass, Mid and Treb all included, not just mids). Set at 0, is mega Dark/Bassy and set at 10 is mega Bright/Trebly. Therefore mega Bright/Trebly + High Treb and Pres = Bleeding ears, possibly forever. :lol:

Turn that Sweep to 2 (out of 10) and those settings may be useable.

@Kev, believe it or not that was the first thing I thought after posting Chris' "head". I thought "someone's gunna post a pic of his head", just didn't know who. :lol:

^
anybody have this picture bigger?

If you zoom in you can kinda see what it says

i managed to get
1. shure (something) wireless unit
2. Jim dunlop custom shop with rack (something)
3. rocktron hush super C noise gate
4. roland (something) 3000 digital delay
5. ibanez AD-9 analogue delay
6. BOSS oc 2 octave pedal
7. MXR phase
8. ibanez ts 808 tube screamer pedal
9. boss tu 2 chromatic tuner
10. providence rec-2 routing system
11. two krank krankenstein heads
12. Boss tu-2 chromatic tuner
13. providence rec-2 routing system
14. jim dunlop (something) (something) wah controller (near re-2)
15. jim dunlop (something) (something) wah controller (near (something) stage)

Oh yeah, that Sweep setting is the culprit. It is DEFINITELY not useable that high with Pres and Treb set the way they are. For those that don't know, the Sweep actually sets the "Starting point" of the EQ section (Bass, Mid and Treb all included, not just mids). Set at 0, is mega Dark/Bassy and set at 10 is mega Bright/Trebly. Therefore mega Bright/Trebly + High Treb and Pres = Bleeding ears, possibly forever. :lol:

Turn that Sweep to 2 (out of 10) and those settings may be useable.

@Kev, believe it or not that was the first thing I thought after posting Chris' "head". I thought "someone's gunna post a pic of his head", just didn't know who. :lol:

What if he has an EQ in the loop?

Wtf are you on? That doesn't sound far off the tone on the album. Taking into account the fact that it's a shitty video, it's actually probably very close.

Stay calm my friend.
And we speak about "live" tone...the tone on the album is a mix of all the instruments, mixed/processed/mastered by Andy..

Stay calm my friend.
And we speak about "live" tone...the tone on the album is a mix of all the instruments, mixed/processed/mastered by Andy..

I am calm, and I know we're talking about live tone, but you linked to a video where the tone was very close the original cd, and said that it was shitty, that's why I questioned what the hell you were talking about.

the funny thing is, Andy re-amped the guitars with 2 Dual Rec tracks and 2 Krank Revolution tracks...the Krankenstein wasn't used on Doomsday

I actually got to try the Krankenstein through 2 4 by 12 Krank speakers a couple of weeks ago and I think that it was by far the worst sounding amp I've played ever. Just couldn't get a descent sound from it, everything soundet real fizzy without the mid punch that I get from my ENGL.
I was so dissappointed with it I had to run over to another booth and play some Bogners to balance out the bad sound experience