Pictures of your instrument

this is my elecrtric piano originary from the 70s which I inherited from my granddad.

Dsc00432.jpg

My vertical piano:

Dsc00430.jpg

My electric and classical guitars:

Dsc00429.jpg

guitar+amp
Dsc00427.jpg

the photos are quite shitty due to the bad light and also to me...
I also have a mandolin and a flute...but I never play them...

Hi!

I don't have any webspace to upload pictures to, and I'm too lazy to sort something out, that's why I'll bore you with photos from the guitarmakers. ;)

First off, I have a 1973 Fender Strat which is currently being fretted.

Second, A Catalyst Panthera, which is made out of a ceramic compound (SoundCompound) with a cell-like structure for resonance etc. Vibrates like a villain, that guitar. Unfortuanately, I have an old model and the tremolo it uses isn't made anymore and I'm missing the arm. But I've grown to dislike tremolos ever since having an Ibanez RG which had a Floyd Rose.....I'm going to have a blackbox installed.

It came with Seymour Duncan pickups but I think I'm going to replace the bridge pickup with a Bartolini humbucker. This is how it looks like:

green_front.jpg

My third (and favourite) guitar is a Moonstone M-80. There are not many around on this planet, as Moonstone is a custom luthier. Beautiful instrument, great to play, unbelievable sound.

PLUGGE~2.jpg

I plan on getting a second Moonstone when I have the money - it'd set me back something around 3900 euros, which is a ridiculous amount of money, but then these guitars are far better than anything from Gibson, Fender, or PRS.

And my amp head - a Peter Green Orange Matamp, two-digit serial number (below 50). I'm going to have to sell a Mesa combo to get the fitting cab, but I guess it's going to be well worth it. I don't like Mesa too much anyway.

Perhaps I'll also shell out for a low watt custom Matamp.... the future will show...

For recording, I have an old Award Sessionmaster, which delivers plenty of gain via the M-80, but not too much via the Catalyst. I think I'm going to buy the successor, which currently is the Award JD10 MKII. Costs about 110 euros (75 Pounds) and is a great sounding little unit - far better than many other things on sale (Digitech, Boss, etc...). You have to dig deeper to find good things....

Oh yes, and an Alesis Q2 which I think I need to update...I hate MIDI....

I've never taken a picture of my guitar, so I can only post a picture of me playing in a concert (and playing Katatonia - Cold Ways 's intro at that time, look at my fingers :) )

It's an Epiphone Les Paul Goth

qwe.jpg

GibEMG.JPG

My Gibson Les Paul Studio, fitted with an EMG 81

mic.JPG

My ADK Audiphile mic with some lyric-sheets and a horrible leopard cloth-thingy.
drums.JPG

My drums. I don't play 'em often enough.

bass.JPG

My seventies bass-rig. I have no picture of my bass this time around though.
studiomonitor.jpg

This picture stands for all the studio gear i got at home, It's starting to become quite a pile.

Nice equipment guys, really. I'd love to just sit in a studio and produce all kinds of crazy shit. Now all I need is some talent.

I notice a lot of people have the Epiphone LP Gothic haha. I remember when I was guitar hunting I was completely going to buy that one. Pretty cheap price compared to its "real" counterpart, good sound and sexy as hell.

L0bster, how much do you think all that gear cost you? Great stuff you got there (especially the fact that you also have a set of drums in there as well)!

DeeBag said:
L0bster, how much do you think all that gear cost you? Great stuff you got there (especially the fact that you also have a set of drums in there as well)!

I've been buying lots and lots of used stuff! In most cases it works just as good as new stuff and you can get much more within a reasonable price-range. My Gibson was used, the EMG in it too, the drumkit was used, my mixer (not really visible on those photos though) was used, the bass amp was very much used (the speaker for the amp is only borrowed though, from Wilbur in "Count Raven") and my other guitar (japanese Ibanez RG450) was also bought used. Some stuff has been bought new though, like most of my mics and my steelstring accoustic.

Even when buying used stuff it is of course a pretty expensive hobby, but damn fun, and very usefull when you have lots of music of your own that you want to record.