Pig squeal/bullfrog vox

Bleed the Fifth is a such a stupid pun. You don't have to be completely serious when releasing a record but that's pushing it.

It's a bad pun, but since almost 100% of brutal death metal is goofy as fuck, and a lot of it is heavily tongue-in-cheek, I'm surprised that it bothers you.

There's a difference between a bad pun and being tongue-in-cheek. There's an element of silliness inherent in all extreme metal, but I don't like when bands explicitly acknowledge that. It's like making a joke and then saying "THAT WAS A JOKE" right afterwards.

EDIT: Also don't think that I am saying that extreme metal can't be serious. It's just that people also need to have some perspective on it. If people were worried about appearing silly then there would only be bland, emotionless music.

You sir, have dug yourself into a hole :)

But I agree, Bleed the Fifth is blatantly gay

Thankfully, just like deathcore, pig squeeling and the bree bree bullshit will be gone in 3 years, just like how metalcore is finally dying out.

No trend survives.

Brutal death metal isnt going to die any time soon. Slam, especially... has exploded in the past ten years.... this year may have been the biggest yet.

Brutal death metal isnt going to die any time soon. Slam, especially... has exploded in the past ten years.... this year may have been the biggest yet.
Brutal death is definitely on the rise, certainly since I started listening to it late 2006/early 2007. Part of that is probably some spill over from deathcore but it's not trendy enough to experience the boom bust cycle that metalcore and now deathcore have seen.