Plans for friday and saturday

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Me and my friends had a great idea for friday and saturday before the concert. We want to meet people that are going to Progpower so we thought about everybody gathering together for lunch or something like that, just to have fun and have a good time... If anybody thinks it is a good idea and just want to make some friends and meet people, email xxangraxx@aol.com

See you guys in Atlanta!!!

Listen, is anyone willing to take the initiative and possibly make a reservation for like 20 of us, or whoever wants to come. That Varsity place sounds cool. Anyone in the Atlanta area want to put this together for Saturday afternoon around 12:00???

Originally posted by nightwish58
Listen, is anyone willing to take the initiative and possibly make a reservation for like 20 of us, or whoever wants to come. That Varsity place sounds cool. Anyone in the Atlanta area want to put this together for Saturday afternoon around 12:00???

This is what's great about The Varsity... ne reservations needed. For those who don't know, The Varsity is one of the, if not THE, largest fast food joint in the world. I hightly recommend the chili dogs, forsted oranges, and fried pies. Oh, and don't forget onion rings! :) It is located in the middle ofdowntown Atlanta, just across the expressway from Georgia Tech. If I recall, Georgia Tech will be playing Duke in football that Saturday. If you go around game time, you can take part in the game day atmosphere that always surrounds The Varsity and the Ga. Tech campus. I would recommend that people just head down whenever, but it is hard to seat a large group together, just because of the normal crowdsand the seating layout. Not that you shouldn't try. It'll definitely be a fun experience, regardless. I just want y'all to know what to expect. :)

--Mike

Originally posted by nightwish58
Can you tell us what stop it is on the Marta, and what direction to go in? Thanks

Certainly... Hop on Marta southbound from the Arts Center station (by the hotels/venue). Get off a few stops down at the North Avenue station. Exit the station on the West Peachtree/North Ave. side. When you come out on the street corner, look right (west) down North Avenue. You should be able to see it on the right side ofthe street, 1 block down from where you are standing.

If anyone elects to take a cab, any driver will know where it is.

--Mike

Thanks for the directions. One thing, watch the damn cab drivers there. My cousin and I went for a joy ride last year from some scumbag cab driver. We wanted to go to some old fashioned sporting good store (forgot the name), and I was told it was about 15 minutes away. This jerkoff was driving all over the place, and of course my cousin and I had no idea where we were going. Finally we told him to pull over, and we just got out. We wound up being further away from the place than from when we started. Who knows, you can't condemn them all for the actions of one, but just watch out for that. Anyway, let's set a time for Saturday afternoon at this place. Does 12:00-12:30 sound good? At least we will have time to eat and get back, especially for us gold badge holders:)

Saturday Afternoon at 12, at the Varsity. Lets try to have a sign saying PROGPOWER HERE or something like that... EVERYBODY IS INVITED... By the way... What about friday?

Originally posted by AngraRULES
Saturday Afternoon at 12, at the Varsity. Lets try to have a sign saying PROGPOWER HERE or something like that... EVERYBODY IS INVITED... By the way... What about friday?

Probably the best area to sit, where there will be enough room, is on the upper level. Once you go inside, and you're standing at the counter where you order, look to your right. You will see stairs going to the upper level. At the top of the stairs you will see a large glassed-in area on the left, kinda like a greenhouse. This area has the largest amount of seating in one room, and would be best for a PP crowd of any size. I;m sure it won't be hard to find the large crowd of people with long hair and black, metal shirts on. :)

--Mike

I don't have the long hair, but I will have a black metal shirt on:). Sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet on the upper level in the glassed room! We'll have alot to discuss from the night before (that's for sure!!!). See everyone in 2 weeks!!!

I love the Varsity. I still have my Varsity hats from last year here on my wall at work.

Definitely worth the trip, for true American Cuisine.....hehe

I don't know about Saturday, but some of us are planning on having lunch there on Friday. I was thinking around 1 or 2. So anyway, if anyone wants to go Friday as well, there will be at least 5 or 6 of us there then. We'll be the loud, obnoxious Southerner (that's me) with all the Yankees! :)

Shaye

Originally posted by lady_space
I don't know about Saturday, but some of us are planning on having lunch there on Friday. I was thinking around 1 or 2. So anyway, if anyone wants to go Friday as well, there will be at least 5 or 6 of us there then. We'll be the loud, obnoxious Southerner (that's me) with all the Yankees! :)

Shaye

Well, I am neither southerner nor yankee, but may I please come along? I gotta get my V fix this year.

Two dog minimum.

And an Orange Soda.

hmmmm...

I'd like to try and meet up with you people at the Varsity, but being that I'm lucky enough to live in Atlanta, I haven't put all my other obligations on hold for Progpower, and i won't be free on Saturday until 1. think you all will still be at the Varsity around 1:15 or so?

Ryan

I figure we will be there till about 2:30 and then start heading back to get in the venue at 3:30. I may stop by Friday as well although my flight gets in at 10:30 and I want to settle in first.