Plans for friday and saturday

Friday doesn't work for me either as I will be flying in, checking in, getting my badges, etc... However, I as well as my cousin, my friends, and his friends will be at The Varsity by 12:30 on Saturday. Wear your BG, Angra, Gamma Ray, Edguy shirts!!! Lata

I'll be there Saturday at noon. It sounds like fun. I don't even know anyone who has heard of Blind Guardian. When I say I like metal the usual response is 'Korn is really cool". At that point I just turn and walk away

FYI, kickoff for GT and Dook is at 1:00, meaning the V is gonna be jammed for probably 10:30-11 on. So be sure to be there when its packed, you've never seen anything quite like it :). I'll probably be there by 11:30 since I'm going to the game and I'll be wearing GT paraphenalia so picking me out will be rather tough...

Jim in DC

LadySpace - On Friday, will your gang be upstairs also?
We're coming in Thursday, so we might make lunch at the V both days. Question for you Hotlantans, This place where the pre-party is... What's it like? My brother is only 18, do you think he can get in, or what? Thanks for any info. See ya'll next week!!!!!

Originally posted by 97reb
LadySpace - On Friday, will your gang be upstairs also?

Don't know, depends on how crowded it is. I have actually never been to this Varsity (bad Atlantan, I know!), and I don't know if it gets totally packed at lunch time. I would guess, though, that yes, we will try to be upstairs. :) (bet you thought you'd be getting a simple yes or no answer, eh? ;) )

We're coming in Thursday, so we might make lunch at the V both days. Question for you Hotlantans, This place where the pre-party is... What's it like? My brother is only 18, do you think he can get in, or what? Thanks for any info. See ya'll next week!!!!!

As for the Riviera, their website lists the pre-party as "18 and up with ID," so I guess your brother can get in. :) But I've never been there, and have only heard accounts of it from before it was in its current incarnation.

Shaye

Originally posted by lady_space
Don't know, depends on how crowded it is. I have actually never been to this Varsity (bad Atlantan, I know!), and I don't know if it gets totally packed at lunch time. I would guess, though, that yes, we will try to be upstairs. :) (bet you thought you'd be getting a simple yes or no answer, eh? ;) )

It does get quite packed for weekday lunch. It won't be nearly as slammed as it will on Saturday before the Ga. Tech game. Your best bet will still be the upper seating area.

--Mike

as afr as the V goes - I'll look for those dressed in black both days.
Riviera - I checked their site and saw th 18 +, so my bro can get in. I've checked out those bands on their respective websites and I'm interested to see them all, so I think I'll go to the pre-party and stay awhile.

as afr as the V goes - I'll look for those dressed in black both days.
Riviera - I checked their site and saw th 18 +, so my bro can get in. I've checked out those bands on their respective websites and I'm interested to see them all, so I think I'll go to the pre-party and stay awhile.

I've only heard stuff from Persephone's Dream, but I'm quite looking forward to seeing the pre-show party bands, actually. It's like a mini-PP to me. :) If P's Dream is any indication of the calibre and kind of bands the other two are, I can't imagine anyone would choose to miss them.

Shaye

Shaye - Cea Serin uses some growl type vocals, but they aren't totally dependent on them, I say less than 50% and they are quite understandable. Magistral are pretty good too. I agree, it will be like a mini PPIII. Actually, I think some of the pre-party bands are better than some of the PPIII bands, as far as what I have heard. As far as performing Live, that may be totally different. Cea Serin and Persephone's Dream have some intricate sounds to re-create in a live setting!!! We'll see in a few days.

Shaye - Cea Serin uses some growl type vocals, but they aren't totally dependent on them, I say less than 50% and they are quite understandable. Magistral are pretty good too. I agree, it will be like a mini PPIII. Actually, I think some of the pre-party bands are better than some of the PPIII bands, as far as what I have heard. As far as performing Live, that may be totally different. Cea Serin and Persephone's Dream have some intricate sounds to re-create in a live setting!!! We'll see in a few days.

Yes, we will! :) It should be very interesting. Thanks for the description. Someone else here whose tastes sometmes intersect with mine was raving about Cea Serin recently, so I was planning on checking out some mp3's today. Growly vocals don't exactly bother me--I used to be a huge Sepultura fan. :)

Shaye

I will be there as well Sat at, hell Ill be there early around 11.30. Looking forward to meeting ALL of you there. Hey is anyone gonna be going from the Fairfield? Maybe we could get together and ride el Marta together to the Varsity. I think I might go Friday as well cos Ill be getting in Thurs night but Sat seems like THE day for everyone.

Ben

Persephone's Dream have some intricate sounds to re-create in a live setting!!!

I have been told that these guys have quite the stage show. I'm hoping that they are able to bring all their gear to pull it off here. I'm definitely looking forward to this show. :)

--Mike

Originally posted by Daybreaker
I will be there as well Sat at, hell Ill be there early around 11.30. Looking forward to meeting ALL of you there. Hey is anyone gonna be going from the Fairfield? Maybe we could get together and ride el Marta together to the Varsity. I think I might go Friday as well cos Ill be getting in Thurs night but Sat seems like THE day for everyone.

Ben

Hey Ben,

Are you the one I was talking to on List of Secrets? I'll be somewhere between the venue and the Fairfield on Saturday. We could hook up and head down to the Varsity if you want. I'm sure there will be plenty of people looking to go.

--Mike