Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Hi Guys.
I have just emailed Michael Coppel Promotions at this email address:

mcpinfo@coppel.com.au

Michael Coppel Promotions have this year promoted Tool, Megadeth, Priest, and Live, and I emailed him to get Dream Theater down here. Here is what I said in my email:

Howdy,
My name is Paul Sommer, and my favorite band is Dream Theater. Is there any chance that Dream Theater will ever tour Australia? They consistantly sell out all of their dates in Europe, U.S, and Japan, yet they have never come down under. Their last tour went for over 14 months, and they even did 2 legs of the same countries.
Dream Theater have a new album coming out in Jan 2002, and they are doing a massive tour, which according to the singer, will last about 18 months. All of the guys in Dream Theater have expressed their interest and enthusiasm about coming down to Australia, but just need a promoter who is willing to promote them. I want Michael Coppel to bring Dream Theater to Australia.
The official Dream Theater website is: www.dreamtheater.net

I personally know many people who have the same wish as me, to see Dream Theater in Australia, and there is no doubt in my mind that a tour of Australia would be a success.
If you are not familar with the band, they are a progressive rock outfit, who have been around for over 10 years. The guitarist recently joined Joe Satriani and Steve Vai on the latest leg of the G3 tour.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully we will see Dream Theater down under soon!

Paul Sommer

Can ya'll do the same, and email this guy. I figure that if enough people ask him, then he will atleast look into it!

Thanks guys!

Im just emailing you as a friend of mine I talk to on the internet told me if enough people show interest in having Dream Theater tour here, then theres a good chance a promoter will get the down here to do some shows for us! So consider my interest shown and please make the necessary arrangements, they will make you loads of money and you will make a lot of fans very happy, thanks!

Thats what I wrote Sprucey, so dont say I never help out :) I wont actually go to the show, but id think about it, so thats close enough :D

Excellent!! Mu-HAHAHA

Spawn..... Apart from the fact that you are a complete and utter fuck head because you wouldnt see Dream Theater if they came to Oz....... you are actually an ok guy!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, keep the emails to this dude comin!

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
Spawn..... Apart from the fact that you are a complete and utter fuck head because you wouldnt see Dream Theater if they came to Oz....... you are actually an ok guy!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: I would think about it though.....isnt that almost the same?

I think it might also be worth mentioning that Planet X did a very successful tour here earlier this year, and a good percentage of the interest in that band is due to their keyboard player being an ex member of Dream Theater.

Also, it might be worth emailing Vorticity Music, who organised Planet X's tour. Maybe they could bring DT out too.

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Done.

And if it works, then we start harrassing him about :

W.A.S.P
Dio
Gamma Ray
Iron Maiden....whoops, that was silly of me.....

Hello? HELLO???!!!!!!! Iced EARTH??? :D Though all the other bands you mentioned are awesome as well and Id go see every one of them!

Originally posted by Joe Salami
Ah yes...Iced Earth....

Please forgive my lapse in concentration. I will now rectify this by adding...

Iced Earth

...to my list previously uttered in regards to the conversation that is being held forthwith.

I beg your indifference to my atrocity.

I have indifference by the bucketload :D You are forgiven, put Hail Mary by Testament on and rock out my friend :D

Originally posted by Lord Tim

Nevermore and Malmsteen have been the big ones so far, although we are playing with Subterfuge on Saturday so that's yet another step up! :D

Did you play at the Brisbane shows, assuming one or both acts played here (I seem to recall Wiggy playing, dunno about Nevermore though)? And did you like Brisbane? And do you ever think you'll play Brisbane again?? :)