Please help a young man find his way thru the metal forest....

Hey man.. Im at work now so I cannot listen to your stuff, but I feel your pain.
It has taken me years to get my guitartone to an "acceptable" level of quality but still
I am not satisfied.
Dont give up!

What pickups does your guitar have? Some DI boxes really dont like active pickups like the EMG81.
A friend of mine has a ESP with the EMG81 and 85 and I have always been very disappointed with the
tone I get from it. My Ibanez Les Paul with old DiMarzio pickups sounds much better actually.
Only thing I can think of is that my Tapco DI box and my Saffire instrument in doesnt like the EMG's.

Keep at it man. Distortion guitars is hard even with good equipment and even harder with budget equipment.

I understand the bass... I get it, everything else I have, has bass on it. I know. It just doesn't seem my DI tracks carry enough full signal, full spectrum-wise from what I've heard. I'm running Blackouts in my ESP, but I don't believe I should be getting that kind of soundcharatcter out of them.

Ok dude simply put....your DI's are fine, your guitar tone (minus bass) isnt bad, fix those drums and put a bass track in there, read the tutorial that was just posted for you on working with bass and guitars, then come back and tell us its still your DI's

Dalink, THANK YOU.

That's all I wanted to hear. I've seen the tutorial, I appreciate it, but I know this already... ALL my stuff has bass on it, minus this track. Something was sticking out oddly with me, and it might actually be the drums, now that I hear it.

Could be the drums, could be the lack of bass, or lack of vocals, it honestly could be anything...but you wont be able to start the process of elimination (accurately) without having it in full context

did you put the blackouts in yourself?? if so (and i don't mean to cause offence), is there a possibility you wire them in the opposite way??

I'll download the .rar and have a listen when i get home (at work atm)

If your guitar is a bolt-on, another tip that i always find can help slightly or alot is tightening the neck screws

Plague, I had a buddy do it, who has done several rewire jobs, it was kind of a bitch from what I remember, but I would assume he did it right. But that's a good call. And the more i listen to the drums, I want to punch myself in the face. That's just straight Superior 1. But yea, I used to have a awesome drum sound, now it blows. I want to get Slate samples, or something that is pre-processed, to force myself to fit the guitar into what are already good drums. I love Superior, but i think the farther it gets out of my hands, it becomes a tug of war of eq/comp/ and so on. I want to brickwall myself with a drum sound that forces me to build around that. I have too much freedom rightnow. All this stuff at my disposal is like a fat kid at a ice-cream buffet. Why stop at just sprinkles, when I can just keep piling shit on?

Another noobish style suggestion, but is the rhythm sound more to your liking with the other pickup selected?? Cause i know I've made that mistake wiring up before...

Having a listen through my headphones, i like where tone is going... to be honest, if you're wanting to better that tone, the only thing i would say would be to be playing as close to the bridge as possible

are you in standard B-tuning??

The easiest way to track a bass guitar is through an amp onto at least 1/2" tape. I wouldn't wish tracking bass straight digital on my worst enemy.

I should be posting samples soon, i think I'm on my way to a monster sound. But now the drums are really bothering me. I had them undercontrol for quite some time. But after awhile, everything began to sound too "Superior-y" to me. I don't get it... I really don't do much besides EQ and Comp on the drums, and it never sits right. So I'm going to start trying some different Snares/Kicks. And as far as my bass goes, for the time being, hours getting cut at work, my bass is a pitched-down clean guitar the SVX. I HATE a bad sound, because it hampers my writing, and really saps the fun out of it.

Listened to Test_130bpm now.
I dont think the guitars sound all that bad really.

The drums need work though.

Looking forward to your next sample!