Please help me get a bigger Dropbox

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

I doubt many of you recall but I'm one of the guys who brought word of Dropbox to this forum a while back.

Since then it's remained an amazing file sharing service. So much so that I use it for uploading mix previews, final mixes, masters etc. etc. I essentially favor it over my FTP server for professional work!

Anyway, if you guys have the time, and/or are kind enough I would greatly appreciate it if you would sign yourselves, or get some friends to sign up for Dropbox using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI4NTY4OTk

Anssi tried to get a similar thing going in the Guitar Tone Comp 3 thread so the guys involved in the organization could get some pay-off, but unfortunately nobody has bitten yet.

Every time someone does it I get an additional 250mb storage added, which I could dearly use at the moment, and would greatly appreciate.

Thanks so much.

You guys rock, thank you so much!

I don't actually need 50gb. As long as I have enough to upload an entire record to Plec in stems, alongside keeping a few odds and ends on there, I'm happy. The FTP server has a ton of storage, but Dropbox is just way more convenient for this kinda stuff.

Wait, I can't work out whether you're actually agreeing or not, Jeff :lol:

Do you mean your FTP is faster, or Dropbox is?

I haven't actually tested mine... I just dont want to go into FireFTP, connect, find the folder, upload, hunt my damn control panel for the public link then etc. etc.

Dropbox: Select file > Put file into folder > Right click to get URL > Post to person

Wait, I can't work out whether you're actually agreeing or not, Jeff :lol:

Do you mean your FTP is faster, or Dropbox is?

I haven't actually tested mine... I just dont want to go into FireFTP, connect, find the folder, upload, hunt my damn control panel for the public link then etc. etc.

Dropbox: Select file > Put file into folder > Right click to get URL > Post to person

I'm saying dropbox is more convenient for quick mixes and stuff, but the FTP is better for large stuff and permanent stuff.

You should look into FileZilla or something - I literally just drag/drop from my desktop onto an FTP bookmark, and then right click/copy public link.

could one say 'beat the system' and create multiple email accounts and create unused accounts on dropbox to therefore get free unlimited space? haven't tried it just a thought that popped in my head