Please help - Opinions on this tone

Thanks for listening guys...

All these posts certainly point out the subjectivity of tone. I've posted this a couple places and people's opinions have been radically different. I'd say a bit more than half love it and the rest either disliked it or recommended some changes. Interesting that some say not enough mids, yet some say there are plenty of mids. Some say too gained out, some say just right... I really think that you'd have to hear this in the context of a mix to really evaluate it. I'll repost eventually with drums and bass...

Steve

Moonlapse said:
Sorry, I'm just not a POD fan, and whilst I've heard Kazrog's patch sound good on some recordings, this isn't one of them for some reason.

Just a question here... Have you ever actually heard Kazrog's patch *by itself* before, or was this clip the first time. I've only heard it in the context of a mix with bass and drums before, so that is why I'm asking. I think this tone would stand up very well with a good mix...

Steve

sah5150 said:
Just a question here... Have you ever actually heard Kazrog's patch *by itself* before, or was this clip the first time. I've only heard it in the context of a mix with bass and drums before, so that is why I'm asking. I think this tone would stand up very well with a good mix...

Steve

Post us a clip in a mix and let's see what happens. :)