Peavey Rockmaster clip, looking for opinions on tone!!!

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
Hi guys,

I recorded this clip of my Peavey Rockmaster. It's stock, and I boosted it with a Boss SD-1, I'm looking for some opinions on tone. I threw this together REAL quick...The drum sampling sucks...I did it with my trigger finger on the fly. Also the riff to the song (Freezing Moon by Mayhem), is played wrong. I think the tone came out nice and thick. I'm finally somewhat happy with my recorded tone. I used the Nordstrom technique, and did two takes. (double tracked) I panned one take to the left, and one to the right. The cab is an avatar 2x12 with one vintage 30 (speaker that I miced)...And a Hellatone 30 (a broken in Celestion g12h30) Again this was all done very quick and on the fly. (even learning the riff lol.) Oh and the guitar is an Ibanez RG550 with a Duncan Custom in the bridge. I also have an ISP Decimator in the chain after the SD-1. Any opinions, tips, are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=452533

-Joe

Edit: The mics (2 SM57s) are going into the inputs of a Presonus Firebox, into garage band. The drum samples are from garage band as well.