PLEASE HELP! POD XT!

david_guitar

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2010
Right, before people comment saying search the forum etc. I'd like to say this. I have searched the forum and can only find download links for patches and such. But if someone could link me to or post some settings wrote down it would be so much help.

For example:

Amp Model:
Drive:
Bass:
Middle:
Treble:
Presence:
Reverb:
Any stomps used and their settings.
Any effects.
ANYTHING.
I would like a good djent/metal sound.

WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED. CHEERS.

Hey there

Although I'm still waiting for my POD XT to arrive, I will give you some advice that I have gained from using amp simulators (POD Farm was one of them) which applies to the POD XT.

If someone were to give you a preset to use, it could be difficult for it to satisfy what you are seeking, although it might give you a hint in the right direction. When someone dials in a tone, it is most likely done using a guitar that is different to the one you are using. This will affect what EQ settings they apply, how much gain, etc. So when you open the patch on your POD you will find that it might not sound as good to you as it did to them.

What you have to do is go through every single amp, cabinet and microphone combination until you find something to start with that you like the sound of. Following this, you should tweak the EQ on the amp model, microphone position, etc. After you have done all you can with just the amp, cabinet and microphone, and are not totally satisfied, either try another combination or use an additional equalizer to fine tune your sound - e.g. cut out harsh frequencies - or add distortion/overdrive pedals etc. You could also turn off the cabinet simulation and use a cabinet impulse in your recording program. Basically, just tweak the settings until you find something you like the sound of. It might take a long time, but you will get there.

I'm going to be in a similar situation in a short while when my POD XT arrives, so perhaps we could exchange some settings/ideas. I'm sure there are many threads on this forum though. I'll be reading them soon, no doubt.

PM this guy - joeymusicguy - and ask him for his preset. I'm sure he will be happy to share it with you.