Please post setlists of upcoming shows

Karsten

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
It would be cool to read the setlists of the shows from the upcoming tour...

I'll post the songs from the Munich and Nuremberg shows in the correct order the day after the show...

Fellow Metalheads:Have a safe trip to and back home from the shows and enjoy the shows to the utmost...

Best from Munich, Germany

Karsten

I'll probably be drowning in alcohol but I'll do my best to remember. :)

To be honest I don't think I want to know the setlist in advance, that spoils the surprise. Mind you, Biff always changes the setlist so every show will be different. But the core of the set will still be the same.

Posted by Peter on the guestbook

Fullname: Peter Schulz
Email: Peter1Schulz@t-online.de
Where are your from?: Germany
How good do you think this site is: Well Done!!!
Comments: Hello Everybody! I`m just coming from the first Gig of the HEAVY METAL THUNDER TOUR 2003 - What Can I Say? It´s amazing, unbeliveble, f......g insane - What a Great Gig. Thanks to BIFF DOUG PAUL NIBBS & FRITZ. The Gig begins at 21.45 and ended in 00.15. Here are the Songs in running Order: Heavy Metal Thunder-20.000 FT-Stiff Fit Boogie-Court Of The Crimson King-This Town Rocks-Broken Heroes-Crusader-Dees Of Glory-Dallas 1 PM-Circle Of Light-Requiem-Battle Cry/Warroir-Drumsolo ( amazing Fritz handeld with the Sticks )-Battle Cry ( reprise )-The Eagle Has Landed ( with the Eagle - GREAT!!! )-Dogs Of War-Solid Ball Of Rock-Denim And Leather - and the Encores Princess Of The Night-Strong Arm Of the Law-Forever Free and last but not least Wheels Of Steel. thanks everybody for the Great GIG - Keep Heavy Peter

That gig sounds good! But what song is "Stiff Fit Boogie"?
Circle of Light! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The song name was 'Still fit to boogie',
but remember the guitar-solo on Broken heroes. I never heard it so fantastic and clear (on concerts and CDs/LPs). You can fell that they have much fun on playing the gig. And again you can say 'Saxon is one of the best live Bands' ever

enjoy the concert - it's great

Wow....apparently they changed the setlist quite a bit to shows from the last two tours...

Can't wait to see them tomorrow and the day after tomorrow...Damn, I'm turning 34 in may and I probably now look like a 5 year old standing before the Christmas tree.....:)

I'm especially looking forward to the show tuesday in Nuremberg...The shows there were always something special on the past few tours, Biff always mentioned this whenever they play Nuremberg...and were always among the longest shows..
On the past two Nuremberg shows Paul always had serious guitar problems on "Wheels of Steel"...making him so angry that he left stage in 1999 tearing all his amps down..The rest of the band continued the song and also played the other encores without him ...

Thanks for posting the setlist and for giving me a clue as to how long the Saxon set will be...My fear that they might cut their set short due to the three support act was apparently wrong...

Keep you posted!!I'll write some longer reviews of the two bavarian shows somewhen by mid next week..

Best from sunny Munich, Germany

Karsten

Karsten,how does this Lowensaal place compare to Z-Bau in Nurnberg? I thought Z-Bau was great. A big bar half way down on the right so you could drink and watch the gig! Enjoy the shows!

Hi Bert,

to be honest, I've never been to the Löwensaal before...apparently it's the festivity hall of a local hotel in Nuremberg.In 1997 and 1999 they played "The Forum" (which is now a discotheque), last time they played the Z-Bau...they never before did play at the Löwensaal, nor have I been to any other show there in the past..

Check out www.loewensaal.de for details

I didn't like the Z-Bau that much really, although Biff "liked the place" and thought it was a good place for a heavy metal show...

I first have to figure out exactly where the Löwensaal is, my former girl friend is from Nuremberg and I'll meet up with her to check out the new Nazi documentation center in Nuremberg, surely a shocking experience I'm sure...but I'll defintely be there when the magic starts at the Löwensaal..:)

I was surprised to see that they changed venue for the Nuremberg show as well....the Z-Bau would have been just adequately sized for the eagle as well....of course here in Munich they had to chose a bigger venue.Last time they played the Metropolis and sold out that venue easily.This time around they play some 100m away in a discotheque called "Babylon"..

Nice to see how Saxon again draws more and more fans everytime they play here in Munich...in 1999 they played an extra small setting called "Nachtwerk" which, at most, could hold 200 persons..in 2001 they played the Metropolis and filled the place up with about 500-600 persons...this time around they play "Babylon" which can hold up to 1000 persons...

Like Biff said back in 2001.."Metal is back, it's official !!!"

And Saxon definitely deserve this:Great show every night, most of the time way beyond the two hour line, reasonably priced tickets and t-shirts, great value with the past albums with lots of extra tracks and although being 2CD sets they priced it like a normal single CD...and for being extra cool with fans like myself and their hobby..:-

I'll post long reviews of the two bavarian shows wednesday...

As long as my hearing can still suspect and distinguish "Dogs of War" from other songs at a Saxon show, I'll definitely be around..:)

Best from Munich, Germany

Karsten

The set looks fucking cool.Still fit to boogie,I don't think i have ever heard them play that live.Paxoman what do you drink i will get you a beer in you will need it after all that traveling.