Please post your Krank Rev Jr clips

_Protoss_

Crossing The Rubicon
Oct 1, 2008
I was listening some youtube samples, but none sounds quite right IMHO.
Hope you rev jr users can post some samples (using impulses in preference)
because, I'm hesitant to choose between a Rev JR and a 6505 used.

Greetings

6505 for all-purpose use, but if you are just recording Rev Jr! Damn...I still need to make some clips myself, been putting that off due to writing some music for the first time in forever :) I'll see what I can come up with this week.

~006

OMG Metaljonesy!, that sounds amazing man!!
Thanx for the clips.

Is this the regular jr or the pro one???
Did you put a TS in front?
and the last...did you record with impulses??

I'm hesitant because, i can't have a 6505 monster in my bedroom , and i really love the size and wattage of the krank jr.

006, i'm still waiting for your samples :headbang:

Greetings!

OMG Metaljonesy!, that sounds amazing man!!
Thanx for the clips.

Is this the regular jr or the pro one???
Did you put a TS in front?
and the last...did you record with impulses??

I'm hesitant because, i can't have a 6505 monster in my bedroom , and i really love the size and wattage of the krank jr.

006, i'm still waiting for your samples :headbang:

Greetings!

Yeah its the regular Krank Rev Jr, with a Boss SD1 in front...and i hardly ever use impulses if at all. These are all with my 1960A with v30s micd with am SM57 aimed at the dustcap/cone join. all at average volume. just different settings on the krank.

first clip is Marcus' (Metaltastics) EMG81 pup in hius ibanez guitar that i reamped through my Krank settings are:

81 DIs>Reamp V2>Digi 002 out>

Krank Rev JR> SD1> Marshall 1960A V30s>

SM57>Motu 8 pre

SD1
Level 12:00
Tone 10:30
Drive 8:30

Krank:
Sweep 7.5
Bass 7.5
Mid 3
Treb 5
Gain 6 (boost IN)

those settings are always the ame on the SD1 and ive messed around with the amps eq, but everything else is pretty much similar

2nd clip is a quick one using my Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR EMG 81 TW

and the 3rd is using my Yamaha Pacifica (modded to fuck) with a SD duncan distortion in the bridge, tuned to Bb

Here's an old one I did before I sold my Rev to 006. BTW Mike, get off your ass and make some clips already:lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6626603&q=hi

:lol: I am hoping to get something done this week! Right now the music writing is coming along a lot faster since partnering up with a friend of mine. We are planning on about 10 songs, 3-5 minutes each and I was planning on going with the Krank+impulses or Krank+mic'ing my Mesa cab for all the guitars, but I'm really digging the tone I've got with MKIII, I know that's blasphemy but I'm really digging it. Either way, I think we have enough music for the first song to make a good clip. :) So maybe by Friday, schedule permitting.

~006

:lol: I am hoping to get something done this week!

~006

Fair enough. I'm getting all antsy in my pantsy.

Protoss: FWIW I plan on picking another one of these up again when I can finally hold a guitar again. Great for practice and recording and sounds great at any volume.