Pledge Music

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Any of you guys come across this?

As a way of moving with the times this is something I am considering using.....firstly as a means of potentially funding a top drawer music video for PQ.

This, and other similar methods, really empower you guys to buy in and support your favourite bands. In return "exclusives" will be made available to you and only you. Some of the ideas run along these lines.

Those who contribute to the project would, for example, get.....

1. The chance to appear in the video

2. Receive an exclusive "download only" EP

3. A limited number of "Tickets for Life" to future PQ shows.

Food for thought......let me know your thoughts guys :headbang:

www.pledgemusic.com/

Excellent! Truly wonderful idea. Great way of getting the fanbase involved and actually see their hard-earned-cash making a noticeable difference. If this was even a kickstarter page without any given in return it'd get my full support, the extras are the icing on the cake.

I have come across it before, but I have my reservations about them taking commission, etc. I think it can work on some small projects, Apocalyptica seemed to do well with their photo book idea on there.

This is definitely a great idea, you have my support on it!

Could someone simply explain what the overall idea is please? not sure I understood all right with my english:p

I've used Pledge before and truly believe it is the way forward for artists. Ginger (of the Wildheart's fame) did it recently which put it in the magazine spotlight, and I think other artists should follow suit. I'd particularly support a 'Tragedy Suite' exclusive fan E.P Pledge (I'll never stop :lol:)

I wonder if the pledge system could not be more effectively achieved in-house. Let's have a chat about this all tomorrow, I'd like to hear some of your (Steve) thoughts and share some of mine.