pod farm buzz

davidcortese

Aug 11, 2010
every time i have my di's running through podfarm there is a nasty buss that cant really be gated at all and if i do it cuts the chugs to short. the buzz sometimes happens even when im playing and its getting me mad :yell: i cant get rid of it does anyone else have that problem? is there a way to fix it?

the gain is not high it doesnt buzz when i plug my Roland amp in it just does it in podfarm and it doesn't on the sturgis patch too so i dont think it could really be the patch

I don't really know your recording system, but make sure you connect your laptop/DI Box/everything into a socket which is groundlifted at recording.

mmkay. Describe your whole guitar chain, starting from your guitar and ending to pod farm. also all the settings in gear (ground lift, pad, amount of preamp gain, level of incoming signal, what cables you are using etc).

Edit: it should be something like this:

Guitar -> instrument cable -> DI box input -> XLR cable -> Preamp input -> DAW -> Pod Farm

I don't know if you got rid of your buzz but I assume it's a really rare problem.. but Chris from Dead & Divine had to solder a wire from inside his guitar to ground it inside one of his socks to eliminate some kind of buzz he had! check the Antimacy studio update if you guys don't believe it haha

Have you tried other amp sims? like Lecto or something? That would let you know if it's your guitar or not. You also may just be recording the guitar WAYY too loud.

it only does it on pod farm is is nothing else but the pod farm idk how to fix cause i wanna use pod but it wont sound right

it only really happens when i hold a chug then a fuzz comes in. I want sustain on the chord but cant get it because of the fuzz :yell: