POD Farm sounding similar to a Sansamp BDDI

narcossintese

Nov 4, 2008
Brazil
www.myspace.com
I tracked a bass DI, reamped it through a Sansamp BDDI and then tried to match it using only the same DI and POD Farm VST. IMO they have a pretty similar character.

Here´s the test. It´s a very short loop, mono, WAV, 24/44.1. The first four notes is BDDI and the last four is POD Farm. No post processing. So, if anyone here is trying to get a BDDI style tone on POD Farm/Gearbox/PODx3, this patch may be a good starting point.

POD Farm Patch
BDDI settings: Blend 100, Treble 50, Bass 50, Presence 50, Drive 60.

I guess I made a bad choice of words on my post, sorry. The POD Farm is not processing the Sansamp BDDI singnal. The chains are like this:

1) Original bass DI + Sansamp BDDI = the first half of the clip
2) Original bass DI + POD Farm = the last half of the clip

What for? Well, if you have a Line6 device you can make it sound very close to a Sansamp (at least in my opinion). This may be good for guitarrists on a budget that own a PODx3 but need an usable bass tone. Or for bassists that love BDDI but need more fx... I don´t know. I don´t see many people using PODx3 on bass, and I think it´s really an overlooked feature.
The Bass Driver stomp model on POD doesn´t sound like the real BDDI, but if you take your time tweaking, combining with amp models, etc, I think you can get good results even without post processing.

I really liked the aggressive bass tone that I got from it on this song (ignore the guitars, they suck).

oh, shit. I kind of lost those files. Anyway, I have one that sounds similar to the Sansamp on SVT preset. Here.

If you´re looking for a BDDI tone I suggest you to keep an eye on Mokafix site. He has been working on a great BDDI sim called Bass Rider. Here´s a quick test I did. I tracked a riff (DI) and reamped it through the real BDDI (first 5 seconds) and them with Bass Rider using the same settings (after 0:05). Worth mention that this is still a beta version of the Bass Rider plugin and I don´t know when the final version is going to be released, but Mokafix plugins have excellent price politics, demo versions, amazing gui, stereo mode, etc. Keep an eye!

Whoops, completely missed the patch settings you wrote in earlier man! :loco:

I hate to be one of the lazy pricks that comes along just to beg for other people's presets, my bad:oops:

I guess I made a bad choice of words on my post, sorry. The POD Farm is not processing the Sansamp BDDI singnal. The chains are like this:

1) Original bass DI + Sansamp BDDI = the first half of the clip
2) Original bass DI + POD Farm = the last half of the clip

What for? Well, if you have a Line6 device you can make it sound very close to a Sansamp (at least in my opinion). This may be good for guitarrists on a budget that own a PODx3 but need an usable bass tone. Or for bassists that love BDDI but need more fx... I don´t know. I don´t see many people using PODx3 on bass, and I think it´s really an overlooked feature.
The Bass Driver stomp model on POD doesn´t sound like the real BDDI, but if you take your time tweaking, combining with amp models, etc, I think you can get good results even without post processing.

I really liked the aggressive bass tone that I got from it on this song (ignore the guitars, they suck).
I don't find mokafix Bass Rider in the mokafix site:cry: Help me!!!