Pod Pro

DracWell

Chemical Pariah
Aug 30, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
www.threedaysindarkness.tk
I finally got my Pod Pro.. got it last monday. Damn, it's gorgeus! Eyecandy... Well on to the stuff...

After going thru the factory presets (some are actually good, strange) I put on DHIADW to try and copy that sound. But I realized after 4 damn hours that it isn't just the damn guitar, it's how it blends with the other instruments and the over-layering (i.e. 2guitar on the left and 2 on the right)... Now I'm a bit tired =( But it's working REALLY great. Superb machine. I just need to learn how to get good sounds and thinking of the fact that I've hade it for three days and already got a good clean sound alá thordendal / holdsworth it. oh well. Forgott what I was writing *lol*

Anyone who got them self a Pod Pro or just have a Pod etc and would like to share some presets?

By the way, this is a Ibanez RG3120 into the POD into the computer. I'm using the Modern High Gain setting, aka Soldano X88.

My other favorite tone, so far on this thing, is the 1A Preset, which sounds just like the lead tone on Pink Floyd's "Time." I love that one. But I really love a lot of them. What a versatile machine.

PS: I recorded this song on a 6 string, so if you know the song, and have been putting off learning it cause you dont a 7, suck it up and invert the chords!

Br00xor, sounds awesome, Ive had a pod 2.0 fo rlike a yr now, and I cannot get the damn thing to sound right, just in headphones...When i plug direct it sounds like ass...what do u set ur volume and output levels to?

I got a POD 2.0 a week ago. Haven't had much time to play with it, but so far it kicks ass. I record direct into a BR-8 digital recording studio and without much effort I got a pretty good sound out of it. I've generally only been playing around with the marshall sims so far. Just got to find some time to sit down and really dig into it. Excellent deal at $230.

Yeah, but you gotta supply your own power amp, which'll set you back an extra $500-1000.

Even though I drool at the thought of a POD Pro powered by a Mesa 2:90..

Come on. For $250, POD KILLS YOU!

Not the band. They suck.

Brooks. True. But then again I'm going all rack.. the poweramp I'm looking at is a used MArshall 8008 for aprox $300.. All though, I want a rocktron velocity 100... I'll what it'll be when I have the money...

BTW. You need a poweramp no matter if you use a pod pro or regular pod.