MJR Pod Pro Settings...?

jesterscript_transfigured

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2002
Visit site
I've tried to get some good MJR sounding presets on my POD Pro..I've gotten some good ones..but I wanted to hear how some other/better guitarists get it with their POD Pro's. I'm running a Ibanez JEM7VWH, Mesa 50/50 Power Amp, and the Pod Pro to a Marshall 4x12. Thankyou :D

I have a few nice distortions for direct recording. One uses the JCM-800, one using the Dual Rectifier stack (not brilliant) and one using the Soldano model (which sounds a LOT like MJR's sound).

I'm looking for a power amp for it now, probably solid state although I'm hiring a second hand Marshall 20/20 this weekend to try that. I'll probably get some Line 6 cabs because they have a very clear frequency response and will not colour the sound.

Try the Soldano model and put the gain just over half way. Then fiddle with the eq to suit your tastes (don't cut out too many mids). That gave me a pretty nice rhythm sound. It sounds awesome through a PA (I'm buying one soon, putting the deposit on it today).

I use a setting similar to what I have on my Mark IV. Dual Rectifier solo head (hold tap and select "rectified") drive - 8 treble - 7 mid - 5 bass -3 1/2, turn the distortion boost on, and possibly the presence too (I forget if I have that on or not). Remember when dealing with mesas, the heads have so much bass you really dont need to turn them up past 3.

RE: Dallas........A message was just posted on the Forum about the Dallas show. it appears that Mike is having some trouble. Here's what was mentioned:

Roadies failed to repair a faulty Line 6 head, then carted out a POD rack system that didn't work, either. The Line 6 head soon reappeared, yet Michael played through the rack anyhow. And his guitar wasn't even audible until the third song! And even then, only his leads cut through the mix.

Let's hope it's fixed up soon. Can you imagine the frustration???:eek: