POD Users Thread

PainofSalvation

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2005
Düsseldorf, Germany
www.mochmusic.de
Hi all,

to bring back some life into this wonderful Board :worship: I would like to talk about the POD's. As i know Marcel use a POD for his demo recordings (Videos?) etc. and perhaps a few of you do also. So, what are your experiences with this unit? and have you recorded something you would like to share with us?

I got mine POD XT Pro 2 weeks ago used and i really like it. It's very flexibel to use. Mainly i wanted to get an easy recording tool without any micing etc. And it's great to practice "with Sound" at night, without disturbing your neighbours :D

Especially the clean sounds are quite interesting. In never thought to get an jazzy sound out of it, but it works. Just the heavy Lead/Solo Sounds need some time. I'm not satified at the moment with those ones..

greets,
Jacques

again sorry for my poor english. I'm really out of practice ;) oohhhh, i become old :loco:

ive had mine for about a year and half now. It took me a really long time to find great lead sounds and even longer to find good rythm sounds, i think its great for practice but i will be upgrading to a mesa boogie combo sometime in the next year. I tried to get Marcel to post his POD setting a while back but i couldnt get him to do it lol.

Nice username btw, Pain of Salvation is one of the best bands out there

Jepp, POS is one of the innovative bands out there. This is "art", not just entertainment ;-)

Actually Marcel put a few of his POD sounds online. If you search the library with the Line 6 Editor you'll find a clean sound of Secrets of flight. He put some other Sounds there too.

But the main problem is that the POD sound really depends on the equipment behind the pod. PA, boxes, headphones, whatever. The Sounds i program at home sounds good to me, but at rehearsal with the band with the "PA" it's totally different from what i programmed.
And of course, in live use i stay with my tube-rack ;-)

what format did he post them in? I dont feel like paying for them and even if i did, it doesnt work when i try to download/upload pod tones on my computer. Now, if someone had actual setting in a written out form, i would certainly be interested (hint hint).

Hello

Ehm I really cannot remember that I posted sounds ?? haha maybe someone using my name did it ;) Since I never used the POD for Sun Caged. I always use my rack for that.

The POD (2.0 in my case) I only use to make demo recordings at home, I never use it live.

Greets

Marcel

Thats really strange...

To quote what "someone" wrote at www.cusomtone.com:

"- Cams - Class A30 TB - "The Clean Delay sound used in the middle of this song of the great prog band Sun Caged Made with Pod XT pro 15 and Ibanez Jem 7 VWH""

So, obviously i just didn't looked enought. It's probably someone else. :loco:

The Sound is actually quite good, so who cares :D

So, i'm sorry for this confusing

@ Meedleyx10:

Amp 32: Class A-30 TB

Drive 0
Bass 6,5
Mid 3,5
Treble 4
Presence 0
Vol 5

Cab 2x12 Jazz
Mic on Axis
Room 50%

Compressor:
Threshold -50db gain 12db

Gate:
Threshold -60db decay 50%

Mod:
Sine Chorus Speed 8th Depth 50% Mix 43% Bass 50% Treble 79% Config Pre

Delay:
Digital delay speed 8th dotted Feedback 27% Mix 45% Bass and treble 50% config post

Reverb:
Cavernous pre 50% decay 20% Tone 50%

general Tempo 124 BPM

Hope that helps ;)