podxt live as reamp box...

AmirH

meh
Aug 12, 2003
seattle
Would this work? I was just trying to think of a cheap way to reamp and it occurred to me that the podxt has a switch to send an instrument level signal- I know it wouldn't be converting it from balanced to unbalanced but is it feasible to record with the podxt via usb in reamp mode and then send the signal through an amp with the modelling disengaged? Any risk of causing damage that you guys can pick out?

There's a new one....

But I'm not sure I exactly understand what you're trying to do....Did you want to send a DI track to the POD via usb, then the POD's output (switched to -10db instrument level) to an amp? As far as I'm aware the USB connection is input-only for audio.

Ah cool....wasn't aware of that.

Also, DA if your soundcard can output a signal at -10db that's also worth a try, but yet again, the results won't be as good compared to a dedicated reamp box. There's also the passive DI in reverse trick....but that same caveat may still apply.

haha, awesome- I'm totally gonna try this then. And actually, I'm not sure if the soundcard puts out at instrument level but I have reamped in the past with it and it worked... the amp was so terrible though that I really couldn't tell you if it sounded good, it was more of an experiment than anything else. Anyway, I'm moving soon and will be buying a mac for the new place so I won't have the soundcard on that- so it'd be cool if the podxt trick works enough to at least get a tone better than well... podxt lol!

I did it using POD XT (kidney), by USB connection, ant the problem is that dry signal level is too low, and there's no way to record it louder. Being the signal so weak, then when doing the reamping, it sounds like a guitar with the power pot in lowered. Do you know what I mean? A trick is normalizing the dry signal in Cubase or whatever but is not the same.

With Pod XT Pro I have just the opposite problem, that is, signal is too loud even when my soundcard input level is at minimum.