podxt test with impulses

Massili

Jun 3, 2005
i'm trying to figure out how to use impulses and it was my first test, not good!
i used the criminal amp and loaded 8 (that's right) 8 impulses 1 on each slot, just for testing, i used a bit of L2 and EQ

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=504225

I have a question and maybe somebody can help me. I'm having problem to listen to the processed file while recording. I cant figure out how to set it in the way i can listen to it while recording all i get is that unpleaseant sound out of the podxt with the cab sim off and cant listen the sound affected by the impulse in real-time....i'm recording the sound with the cab sim off and applying the voxengo as insert on the track. could anyone help me to set it?
i use cubase sx3
cya

Sounds alright, however I'd rather hear it in a mix. And as for the shitty sounding PODxt when you turn the cab sims off, theres nothing you can do about that as far as I know, you just have to bear with it. I cant really tell but this sounds like its only single tracked. Double track your rhythm tracks and pan each of them left and right, I usually go 75 left and 75 right, it adds much more depth to your tone and gives it a more 3D sound.

hey man, thx for your reply. Before my post i was hearing to your samples you posted in another thread, very good! :headbang:

i'll double track it later, it was just a quick test ill experiment more though

i dont know if i understood wrong, but i had read in another thread or another forum you could play with the cab sim off and use the voxengo with a impulse loaded and dont get that unpleasent sound , i just dont know how to do it since i'm still hearing to that unpleasent sound while playing....

thx!